Honored Contributor

Re: Isaac Mizrahi Cardigan TSV

@gidgetgh wrote:

Why do they call this a knit cardigan when it is 100% cotton?

@gidgetgh, because it's a knit fabric, not woven.  

Honored Contributor

As an aside, I've decided to pass on this.  I'm going to look for another one that is more similar to the one I left on vacation.   

Honored Contributor

I love all of the colors...........The price is excellent for an IM collectible fashion item. 

I've always liked longer sweaters, and wear them often. 

With easy-payments, it's an incentive to buy almost all (if not, all) of the colors!

Enjoy!

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

It has taken me about 20 minutes to get into the boards today.

After previously saying I was passing, I may be changing my mind.  I still need to see a presentation.  But a number of years ago my sister bought me a cascade front open cardigan in white.  It didn't have pockets and was drapier than this is.    When I opened it, I noticed it was 100% cotton and thought I'd probably not get much wear out of it.  I ended up wearing that thing to death.

Last year I left it on our cruise and have been bummed ever since.  I could never find another to replace it.  I was thinking about ordering this in white to replace that but now that I look at the still shot, I'm thinking with the pockets, that might look like a lab coat so another color might be in order.

I love me a white sweater and had gotten a Barefoot Dreams shrug type thing in white,  but never seem to wear it. It just looks and feels kind of awkward  every time I try it on.  I have also  been eyeing up this one in white. The pockets are stopping me as well for the very same reason. 

I sure wish I looked good in that cappuccino color but I don't. Smiley Sad I think it's really pretty and looks "richer" than some of the other colors. Love this color with white, black and denim (which I'am almost always in when not wearing black pants). Let us know if you decide on a color!

Contributor

I am sooo happy that there is NO spandex in this cardigan. I hate spandex it doesn't breathe (I live in Arizona) and it cheapens the look of the fabric, feels like  bathing suit material and pills. 

Go Issac!!! Thank you for 100% cotton. I have another one of his 100% cotton cardigans and it holds up and looks beatiful!

Honored Contributor

@Sheilaray wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

It has taken me about 20 minutes to get into the boards today.

After previously saying I was passing, I may be changing my mind.  I still need to see a presentation.  But a number of years ago my sister bought me a cascade front open cardigan in white.  It didn't have pockets and was drapier than this is.    When I opened it, I noticed it was 100% cotton and thought I'd probably not get much wear out of it.  I ended up wearing that thing to death.

Last year I left it on our cruise and have been bummed ever since.  I could never find another to replace it.  I was thinking about ordering this in white to replace that but now that I look at the still shot, I'm thinking with the pockets, that might look like a lab coat so another color might be in order.

I love me a white sweater and had gotten a Barefoot Dreams shrug type thing in white,  but never seem to wear it. It just looks and feels kind of awkward  every time I try it on.  I have also  been eyeing up this one in white. The pockets are stopping me as well for the very same reason. 

I sure wish I looked good in that cappuccino color but I don't. Smiley Sad I think it's really pretty and looks "richer" than some of the other colors. Love this color with white, black and denim (which I'am almost always in when not wearing black pants). Let us know if you decide on a color!

@Sheilaray, is the BFD shrug you bought the dolman sleeve one that was a TSV last year?  I bought that in the white and another color and I never wear them.  I just posted in another thread that I should try and sell them.  They are awkward to wear, I think because of the sleeves.    

Valued Contributor

I want to order and love the open front the pockets and the side slits.  But because it is 100% cotton, was going to size up to XL, but I think Jackie was wearing the size L and usually things fit me like they look on her and the size L on her looked plenty ample.  That's my dilemma...Think I would like the XL across bust but sleeves look very long, and I'm tall???

Respected Contributor

It is annoying when the question concerning whether or not this item will shrink is not answered.

They ask for the consumer to ask a question and then occasionally will respond.

This is a question that needs to be addressed.

It is fair to say Isaac is blunt and direct with his comments and so should he or someone on his staff should respond to the issue. That is good customer service and relationship with clients.

It would be irritating to have ordered this garment and then find out later it shrunk after washing.

Valued Contributor

@Lipstickdiva Yes, it is the same one!  I don't mind a dolman sleeves at all and I typically  find them very comfortable.  But this one, I keep putting it on and taking it off minutes later because of the weird bunching.  I should have you sell mine as well LOL!

Honored Contributor

I believe that Isaac did say that he would machine wash, and lay flat to dry.  He also suggested to read the washing directions.

Personally, I usually machine wash, and lay flat on a towel on a wooden drying rack.  I have two.........one in a sunny kitchen, and the other in my bathtub.  

Everything in the kitchen seems to dry overnight.  West-facing kitchens or rooms, also South-facing kitchens/rooms are the best for drying items.  

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).