Contributor

Is there a Keurig TSV anytime soon?

Does anyone know if there is a Keurig TSV anytime soon?  My three year old Keurig seems to be dying.  I've tried everything to revive it but it brews at an alarmingly slow rate and every other cup is not a full cup.  I've tried descaling, cleaning holes in piercing tool, banging on it's side, everything.  Wishing for a new Keurig at a good price.

Respected Contributor

Re: Is there a Keurig TSV anytime soon?

They didn't sell too many in the last TSV, I think they have run their course. 

Esteemed Contributor

From my perspective there is an issue with the latest, greatest, Keurigs.  They have an exclusive system which shuts out third party coffee pods.  This was a real mistake in my opinion.  It is so easy these days to buy another coffee maker that takes it all.  I still have my older version and can buy anything and the newer type... can be hacked easily.  It is just not worth the effort as easy as it is.  

I will add the Keurig customer service is second to none.  Very helpful when I had an issue with my machine, so much so that they sent me a new one, past the date of warrantee.  

Respected Contributor

Did anyone see the tall coffee mug that someone invented that you put K-cups into and it brews right into the mug?  Looks interesting.  Saw it all over the news yesterday. 

Occasional Contributor

I had problems with my Keurig about a month ago.   It sounded like it was going to brew,  but nothing would come out.     I searched online for  "fixes",   and found one that worked for me   (and also for my niece who had the same problem).

Unplug the machine,  take the water reservoir off the side,    and gently turn the unit upside down.   ( I did this over the sink, because I didn't know if water would seep out,  but it didn't.)    While upside down,  gentley shake it.    (When my niece did it ,  she banged on it a few times  -  she called it burping).     

I plugged it back in,  and set up the water again  and tried it,   and I couldn't believe it........ it started working again !!!!      It's been going great for the last month.

Contributor

Thanks for the replies.  I agee that Keurig made a mistake with their new machines.  I really don't want to buy a new one but I can't live without my coffee and I'm lazy so I want the pods.  We gave our daughter and son-in-law the Ninja Coffee Bar for Christmas and they love it but you need to use grounds and filters.  I drink four or five cups of coffe a day and I don't want to make a pot.  I want a fresh cup every time.

I tried the "burping" technique but it didn't make a difference.  I haven't called Keurig yet.  Thanks for the suggestion.  I think I will give them a call today and see if they can offer some suggestions.