Contributor

I just heard David and the female host say to the caller that the plastic was BPA free, but they did say it hesitantly. I hope they told the truth when they said the plastic on the TSV microwave grill was BPA free. I did not see that it was on the product description.

Honored Contributor

I have health concerns about using the microwave, and I have heath concerns about plastics in the kitchen. Ergo; this product is not for me.

New Contributor

Agreed. QVC needs to get with it and stop selling so much plastic kitchenware (TSV, Lock & Lock, etc). The microwave is bad enough but using plastic in it (BPA Free or not) is bad news. I would love to see glass storage stuff from Lock & Lock.

Respected Contributor

This is from rangemateuse.com

<h2>Yes, all Rangemate microwave cooker body is BPA-free SPS plastic and our Grill pan is PFOA/PTFE free</h2>
Honored Contributor
On 6/25/2014 capsel0418 said:

Agreed. QVC needs to get with it and stop selling so much plastic kitchenware (TSV, Lock & Lock, etc). The microwave is bad enough but using plastic in it (BPA Free or not) is bad news. I would love to see glass storage stuff from Lock & Lock.

L&L does have glass products. They do show they from time to time, but they are always on site. The glass is borosilicate too, which is nice. I have numerous pieces.

The plastic L&L is great too, but I'd never put it in the microwave. It is silly that they promote that, on air, when that type of plastic will get stained and peely from microwave use. Then people complain because it does that and QVC is partially at fault for promoting that type of use. Some people don't know better and believe that stuff, then the wonder why their L&L is stained and breaking down.