Occasional Contributor

Is the Q discontinuing Royal Palace rugs?

Like other Q customers of many years, I loved the special Christmas rug that used to be offered prior to the holiday season.  Like other customers, we MISS it!! Would you please offer this rug and let us know when it will be offered so we can watch and purchase--soon, we hope??  Thank you all--blessings...

Honored Contributor

Re: Is the Q discontinuing Royal Palace rugs?

There was an ethnic rug offered by Royal Palace that was unique and I wish I had purchased.  That was a favorite, and unique, design that I wish would be restocked. It sold out quickly.

Honored Contributor

I'm a major, big league fan of these rugs, and I've had super good luck with them.

I have one that's about 18 years old, and one that's maybe 12 or so.

The older one was the victim of a serious plumbing breakdown in the shower above my living room. The plaster was actually ruined in the ceiling under the shower, the rug under that ceiling was covered all over the medallion with black residue from the shower trap, and the water seeped through the carpet into the hard wood floor to the basement ceiling beneath that.

That rug was RUINED, and I was in hysterics.

DH decided to send it to a very well thought of carpet cleaner. I said that was ridiculous. He sent it anyway.

It returned home without a spot on it. Still looks perfect in my spare bedroom.

I love these rugs and I trust them. Trying to decide where I'd put one if I bought this one (my third). 

Respected Contributor

I have several RP rugs and even after YEARS they are all still beautiful, wear well, and I get compliments...especially where the piano and china cabinet are located....

I liked the Tabriz styles more than this floral pattern, but I'm going to give on a try....

The one thing about wool rugs is that they are VERY stain resistant, which is worth the price of admission to me.....I have two cats and sometimes they throw up...the matter stays on TOP of the pile, and comes right up. No stain, no soaking thru...

They are NOT cheap!

I calculate about 60-65 dollars per yard....as much as high quality NON-wool carpet...

Example: 8'6" x 12'9" for $779.00

That's 8.5 feet x 12.75 feet or 108.37 Square FEET.

9 square feet per square yard...

108.37 total sq. feet divided by 9 sq ft per yard= 12.04 square yards.

Price 779.00 divided by 12.04 yards = $64.70 per sq. yard.

The smallest rug, 3 feet by 4.5 feet at 99.00 is 1.5 sq. yards of carpet, or $66.00/yard.

But wool is wool and I'd take a wool rug any day!!. Plus, IF they get really soiled, you can take them to be cleaned, which clean much better than "carpet squirting" companies!!!!

Honored Contributor

These rugs are definitely not my taste.  I would rather purchase a rug from IKEA or Pottery Barn.  Cat Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

My gosh, excellent pricing for real wool.  Thick, dense tufting (or whatever it's called).  You can't see the base of the carpeting at all.   Beautiful colors, etc.  I seriously don't know how they can make and offer these carpets at that price point.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Contributor

I was wondering about Royal Palace being discontinued also.  SAD!  

I too have five Royal Palace rugs and they are top notch.  I love them and they look great after ten or twelve years.

There at least used to be a fair number of their rugs online - but no longer.

I guess Royal Palace is on it's way out the QVC door - so they can make room for more Lori Goldstein and Susan Graver programming.  

I am quickly becoming a "non"QVC shopper!

Trusted Contributor

I have purchased many Royal Palace through out the years and I love the ones I have had for years. However, in the recent years I have purchased 2, 8 x 11 rugs. The first one was my absolute favorite ever with the scalloped edges. Well, talk about shedding. My older ones shed but nothing like the newer ones. I gave it 6 months, I had purchased when it was the Christmas in July event. I have never seen such shedding in my life. I never had this much of a problem with the older ones. Yes they shed, but nothing like this one. So I returned it, much to my disappointment. So I purchased a new RP 8 x 11 thinking that maybe the last one was a defect. Now this one was a different style but quite lovely. Same thing. Excessive shedding, so much it looked like my hardwood floors had dust or fluff on them all the time. There was no keeping up with it. I wish they had kept the same quality from years past. Unfortunately, the new ones are not made the same as the ones in years gone by. I stopped buying them for that reason. I have never seen more beautiful rugs than these but they changed something in them. It's a shame.

Super Contributor

I absolutely love my Royal Palace rugs. I have three that are over 10 years old and then 3 newer ones. They all look new and I get compliments all the time. I ordered the sage one today for my front door.

I do have a request that Royal Palace give some different color options more often. I'm looking for a rug with warm Tuscan tones for my office. (I have enough sage). Also, Id like different patterns too. I love flowers, but it's nice to have a different design. 

Great quality for an amazing price. Their carpet pads are the best too!

Honored Contributor

I have RP rugs in every room of my house, my oldest rug is from when they first came to the Q and I'm still using them. The last TSV they had I bought a 7x9 in burgundy and a 3x5 in burgundy and a runner for my summer kitchen. I wanted a very large like 10x12 for my great room in a light color, but that size was not offered this time.