Respected Contributor

Re: Is the DB faux fur throw a good buy?

My mom got me one several years ago. It came with a matching teddy bear. I have it on my recliner. It's soft and great to cover up with when it's cold out. I wash it on delicate cycle and it hasn't pilled. It's worth the money if you're looking for a throw blanket.
Honored Contributor

@Cumbercookie13 wrote:
My mom got me one several years ago. It came with a matching teddy bear. I have it on my recliner. It's soft and great to cover up with when it's cold out. I wash it on delicate cycle and it hasn't pilled. It's worth the money if you're looking for a throw blanket.

Yep..same here.  I got one for me (with the teddy) and my daughter loved it so much, I got one for her.  Both of ours have been loved by our cats, and washed and dried many times. 

I see they don't offer the teddy this time..that's okay!  I like mine,but my daughter didnt want this...think she may have given this part away...

Esteemed Contributor

Also bought the one with the bear and thought it was cheap looking and not at all like fur.

Esteemed Contributor

I had bought last year's TSV and was not impressed. It is nice but it does not keep you warm when it is cold outside. I had bought one many years ago and it was more plush and heavier. IMHO, you would do better with Berkshire throws . They are less money and do keep you warm.  Sam's Club have nice throws for less money. 

Esteemed Contributor

I bought one a few years ago. It came with a teddy bear. What a perfect gift. I was going to give it away but when I saw it, it became mine. I gave the teddy bear to my granddaughter but I kept the throw. I think I have lynx or maybe the snow leopard. Whatever it is, it's just beautiful.

Dennis Basso quality is always the best. I have a pair of leopard and leather gloves of his from many years ago. I can't even say how old they are, but as many seasons I've worn them, they're still looking good.

Love Dennis Basso!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Frequent Contributor

@tsavorite I think this one is a bit heavier than the one from last year.

Valued Contributor

I have several for myself and have purchased several as gifts.  I have one from 2007 with the matching pillows.  It is very heavy, thick and luxurious and even having been washed many times, it still looks like new.  It is so thick it does not "puddle". The more recent ones, some with the matching bears, are much, much lighter and smaller.  While they are very good quality, they are considerably lighter and smaller than his original throws.  I passed on the TSV.

Valued Contributor

I forgot to add that my old ones said dry clean, but I washed them and they came out beautiful.

Occasional Contributor

These are amazing throws! I would highly recommend them.

I have bought many of the DB throws over the years, and love them and have given a few as gifts.  There is nothing better, then coming home from a long day at work, snuggling up on the sofa with my DB throw, in front of the fireplace and relaxing. I absolutely love them!

I wanted to add – That I have also bought the Berkshire blankets a year or two ago, (they were sold in sets of two at the time), and I split them up as gifts and kept a few for my family. Unfortunately, the Berkshire blankets started shedding A LOT,  and I ended up pitching them, because it was too late to return them and I had split up the sets.

But all of my DB throws have held up beautifully and I love them.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Soooooo disappointed in the blue throw!  I was shocked what I experienced after washing it.  I knew it was a poor version of his previous throws when after I took it out of the plastic bag and it just felt "okay."  Then I rinsed it out in cold water like i always do with new bedding in the washing machine on delicate--no detergents, no fabric softener--just rinse.  Popped it in the dryer for a short time under low heat and blue faux fur completely covered my dryer vent and I had to scrape it off.  Then after folding the throw, I had my shirt completely covered in bue fur.  Tonight while packing it up had the flying fur.  I did notice there was a tag adhered to it that stated there may be some shedding, but this was riduculous.  At this rate, there would be no throw left after several washes.  Curious if it had to do with the blue throw or if other ones were affected.  I know my throw that I bought a few years ago that came with the teddy bear I've washed and is just as lovely as when i first got it.  This new version definitely a lower quality throw.