Respected Contributor

Re: Is anyone getting the Ryka Hula TSV?

Love Ryka's, but this shoe is just too ugly. Colors are awful. What's up with the shoe buyers? Last shoe TSV was super ugly as well. Lucky for me my local DSW shoe store carries many different styles of Ryka's.

Valued Contributor

I really like the rep Lelani (sp?)/ She is soooooooooooo normal!! She does a really good job. I know it's not easy being a mom of three and work (that's my life too)-especially during the summer!! Good job Lelani

Respected Contributor

On 7/10/2014 mtnbikegirl said:

I really like the rep Lelani (sp?)/ She is soooooooooooo normal!! She does a really good job. I know it's not easy being a mom of three and work (that's my life too)-especially during the summer!! Good job Lelani{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

I agree. I don't watch those shows anymore, but I was always impressed by her knowledge of the product and calm demeanor.

Honored Contributor

I just realized these shoes are meant to be worn w/o a sock. I wonder if they actually keep one's feet cool & dry...?

My feet sweat & I need to wear socks w/my walking shoes when I go power walking. I have sneaker mules that I wear w/o socks when just running errands, shopping, etc., but I keep a pair of socks in my bag just in case I end up walking more than expected.

Super Contributor

I didn't get these but I have a similar pair I purchased from Clarks several years ago, and I really like them. They are comfortable, and they are perfect for those days when sandals are too cool and closed shoes are too hot! I wear mine frequently in the early spring and early fall.

Honored Contributor

On 7/9/2014 californiamomofthree said:

Thanks, willdob3: I'm still on the fence, but the total price is what's holding me back. I haven't had issues with sizing or quality as Favorite Son mentioned, but since I won't be wearing this shoe super regularly, I don't want to spend too much, either. I wish there were a red option, that would be fun.

I think Rykas usually fit me well, too. I recall getting a pair of their sandals once & they did not fit for some reason but the shoes have always worked for me.

Red would be good. I'm not sure what color would hook me. lol... I think bright neon colors like orange or green are out though... I have seen a few in those colors around town & they are distracting. toned down shades would be nice though.

The colors offered are pretty neutral & that will be good for most. I am trying to get away from having only neutral shades. I need some fun colors in addition to the black, gray, brown...

Frequent Contributor

On 7/9/2014 Favorite Son said:

No more Rykas for me - here or anywhere else. I have a pair I purchased over five years ago and would actually like to find another pair of those on eBay. They are leather and mesh, with bungee-style lacings and thick tubular shoestrings. I'm pretty sure they were a TSV, and came in nice darker colors. I got the olive, which has a hint of gray or light blue in the mesh weave. Those shoes are wonderful - nitrocell inserts, nice high quality polyurethane soles, thick padded mesh, and suede trim. They didn't smell of unreacted chemicals right out of the box the way my last three pair of Rykas did. I find the new shoes to be irregularly sized, made of extremely cheap materials, crafted in gaudy colors, and just generally not worth the money. I have abandoned the brand.

ITA