Regular Contributor
Accepted Solution

Is Vachetta leather scratch resistant?

TheTSV is a beautiful bag, but a scratch on the leather would ruin the bag with the leather being so smooth. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Is Vachetta leather scratch resistant?

@Lovs2shop   They've said in the past that it's scratch "resistant". I know this leather is much heavier than other leathers, so it's a "no" for me today. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I've never owned a Vachatta bag but they are textured and it appears they would be very scratch resistant.  I don't own one because I really dislike the look of that leather.  It looks exactly like a cheap vinyl material, the kind of thing you might find at Walmart.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

I have one Vchetta leather bag.  I never bought another because I think the finish (for lack of a better word) is like a "plastic" finish.  What I mean is it isn't the soft, buttery texture of my other leather bags.  However, I do think that bag because of the texture is scratch resistant.

Honored Contributor

Vachetta leather is an untreated premium cowhide leather that is also unprotected.  Take a look at Louis Vuitton's Vachetta leather on all their Monogram bags and you'll understand how it is unprotected and not treated (Rain will often leave marks).  Ligh

I love it when it starts to turn color, but many women in Japan prefer the very light color (it shows that the purse is new and they repurchase specifically because of this).  So I am at a loss as to what Dooney means by the TSV being all Vachetta leather because once it is treated and protected and colorized, the leather then falls out of the definition of Vachetta....  so I'm confused (as always)....... 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

@Q4u 

Vachetta leather is my favorite, have several D&Bs made with it.

This TSV looks different to me.  

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras