Honored Contributor

Re: Is Sunday TSV another computer?

[ Edited ]

@GCR18 wrote:

I was thinking it's been a while since there was a computer.

Not long enough... Smiley Surprised Smiley Happy 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MKR14 wrote:

I agree with @ctinaw that it is one of the better computers that are usually offered. I kept looking at the screen but it looked off to me. Maybe if the brightness and color level was adjusted it would have shown much nicer. The specs on the description should have shown better on screen. I am looking for a newer laptop but so far this is the closest to what I am looking for. I will watch when the reviews come in. The TSV's haven't been upped much from the TSV price lately. Just my opinion.

Unfortunately they keep showing the touch version of the screen which is so reflective! One of the drawbacks of the touch option. I do have to say - the monitor is actually the only place they did not give the full "optional"upgrade (from what I could tell on their website) - the screen they included is their base model while everything else is upgraded. So you very well could be right about that. Being a graphic designer, this is a little annoying, I would have paid a bit more for a better res, but it's still decent. I guess I'll wait and see and report back for you. I typically work off of a really lovely mac thunderbolt display - so I am a bit spoiled. I don't expect anywhere near that of course - but I assume it's adjustable at least. 

I DID NOT LIKE one of the presentations last night where ther was a female host and not the main HP guy but a different guy (it was really late) where she seemed to have a poor understanding of screen resolution and kept asking if the screen was displaying 4k "like those great new tvs in the stores" - and instead of stating what the true resolution is he would just say "yes, this computer can totally handle 4k" - uhhhh a little deceptive there - I didn't care for that.

But back to the topic - I feel they should be "demonstrating" perhaps a typical screen model alongside the tochscreen. I feel it's going to show a better image probably in person and on television. I opted for the touch screen just for the novelty of it. We don't have a touch screen computer so I figured - why not, $50. Though really I can't imaging using it that much. I think if anyone will be using it, it will be my 5 year old son who is used to using tablets more than computers. (I cringe at the future smears from that scenario...) Also, touch screens do drain the battery more - not a huge deal for me since I typically am just going to be using it at home. But for college students or anyone wanting to use this for traveling, it's something to consider.

Respected Contributor

I agree with @ctinaw as I would have easily paid more for a better resolution to match the rest of the specs. There always seems to be something missing on any HP computer I see here. There could have been a choice of an upgraded model for those who wanted it. I have a Toshiba Laptop that is 4 years old with better specs that I bought at Wal-Mart than the TSV. Thanks for the honest review as when you work in graphics you really notice the difference. I always look at the screen and then the specs as they are just as important to me. I use a mouse and not the trackpad on my computer and would probably be fine without touch. Just wasn't sure if Windows 10 works easier with the touch screen. I also did not like the HP presenter on the late show. Alex the HP rep. demonstrated it very well on today's shows. Please post a review here after you have time to explore it as I know it will be an honest one. Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

I thought about this all day and at the end of the day I decided to go ahead and purchase the TSV. I will be needing a new computer this year as the one I have is owned by my employer and I need to return it. From reading the different posts, I think it will service me well. I have always had Apple Macs and never had an HP so I am a little nervous about that. Ordered the blue in touch screen. I hope it's not too heavy for travel, but it might very well be.

Esteemed Contributor

@Nuttmeg wrote:

@apple1964 wrote:

Why anyone would buy any electronic from any shopping channel is beyond me! Older models with software that no one will need or want. BUYER BEWARE!

Most people don't know anything about buying tech products.

And that is why they should do some research or ask people who know about these things.

Esteemed Contributor

@ctinaw wrote:

@apple1964 wrote:

Why anyone would buy any electronic from any shopping channel is beyond me! Older models with software that no one will need or want. BUYER BEWARE!

I'd normally agree but with this TSV that is not the case. My husband is a developer and tester and I am a graphic designer - we know our way around computers. This is not old technology and if you price the same specs at their website you'll pay almost $300 more just for the computer. Don't take my word for it though you can go there yourself and see the same thing. It's a good deal and current technology.

I have seen this "current technology" as you call it around for a few months already for far less. I have been shopping for a new computer for my daughter in college and she told me this has been around for awhile. NO ONE KNOWS MORE ABOUT COMPUTERS THEN TEENAGERS.

Valued Contributor

@apple1964 wrote:

@ctinaw wrote:

@apple1964 wrote:

I'd normally agree but with this TSV that is not the case. My husband is a developer and tester and I am a graphic designer - we know our way around computers. This is not old technology and if you price the same specs at their website you'll pay almost $300 more just for the computer. Don't take my word for it though you can go there yourself and see the same thing. It's a good deal and current technology.

I have seen this "current technology" as you call it around for a few months already for far less. I have been shopping for a new computer for my daughter in college and she told me this has been around for awhile. NO ONE KNOWS MORE ABOUT COMPUTERS THEN TEENAGERS.

Well if you say it in all caps that must make it true.