Honored Contributor

Re: Is Anyone getting the Echo Show TSV?

someone called in who was visually impaired and said it helped her do all kinds of things that she could not otherwise,  that's really cool.

Honored Contributor

@spot555 wrote:

NEVER....stay far away from this surveillance garbage!!

It's always listening, just so you know. No one actually needs these type of items.    

no one needs 80% of what we buy, 

but we can buy them 

I don't need Christmas decorations because I don't have a tree but QVC sells them from July non stop

but the lady who can't see needs it 

Esteemed Contributor

Yes! I have the original Echo and I love it. I can’t wait to get Show! The price is great. Amazon devices are the absolute best. There is no reason whatsoever to be fearful of any kind of surveillance. I promise.

Respected Contributor

@ArielRose1 wrote:

Yes.  Two.  One for me and one for my parents, who are quite elderly.  If one or both falls, they don't need a phone in their hand to call for help--they can just call Alexa and they can reach me. I can also check in on them if they are not answering phones or texts. Greater peace of mind is a very good thing

I also like the calendar function and all the other stuff our regular Alexa does. Looking forward to it!

@ArielRose1  Smart idea ArielRose1.  May you and your parents have a very peaceful holiday season!

Contributor

[ Edited ]

HeartThank you, ScarletDove!  The same to you and your family!  Heart 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

For those who purchased it, you might want to read this article from USA Today as they listed the Amazon Show a one of the top Tech Turkeys for the year.

Link

Esteemed Contributor

@vickie25 wrote:

For those who purchased it, you might want to read this article from USA Today as they listed the Amazon Show a one of the top Tech Turkeys for the year.

Link

One day old and the article is already out of date. The reason USA Today gave for the dip in sales no longer exists. YouTube has returned to the SHOW. They need to update their information.

I didn't buy one but it looks like a cool little device to have around. I hope those who did get one have fun with it. 

Esteemed Contributor

I have the white echo dot and I like this device. I use it for a alarm to wake me up to get the news in my area .. the weather and I use the timer with Alexa if I am cooking. And if you do not want the microphone on you have the option of turning it off. 

Esteemed Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@spot555 wrote:

NEVER....stay far away from this surveillance garbage!!

It's always listening, just so you know. No one actually needs these type of items.    

no one needs 80% of what we buy, 

but we can buy them 

I don't need Christmas decorations because I don't have a tree but QVC sells them from July non stop

but the lady who can't see needs it 

Calm down good grief! It has a option to turn it off. Woman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

I work from home a lot.  Today, I was writing up my event calendar for next year.  So instead of googling all these dates, I just asked Alexa.

"Alexa, when is Military Appreciation Month?" 

Etc.

It was quite efficient.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN