Honored Contributor

Is Anyone getting the Echo Show TSV?

I'm thinking about it.  I don't have the orignal one.  It looks easy to use.

Respected Contributor

Re: Is Anyone getting the Echo Show TSV?

NEVER....stay far away from this surveillance garbage!!

It's always listening, just so you know. No one actually needs these type of items.    

Honored Contributor

I thought about it because I buy every new gadget out there.  Some I end up giving away...just gave a friend the Amazon Fire Stick.

I own 2 of the Alexa things and even the Alexa Fire 7 IPad thing (whatever it's called).  I just don't know what I'd do that would make any difference.

Think about this.  OK, so you can do face time....my Ipads, Iphone, etc does that and you can't do face time with this thing with someone else unless they have one too (an Echo Show).

I just did face time on my phone with my daughter in Denver.  She wanted to show me something her dog was doing.  I'll be in bed watching TV at night and I'll get the sound of face time.  It's my daughter!  She was recently at an Adam Levine show (he's traveling with the group "Queen" and she went to the concert.  It was as if I was there!  I got to sit in on hearing him sing my favorite song!  I loved Freddie Mercury from Queen!  Anyway, my point is she couldn't do that with the Echo Show so I don't know what good it is.

Similar but different.  Yesterday my internet went down.  I called Verizon Fios people.  Talked to a young girl there for about 45 minutes while she worked on the problem.  I'd told her I was soon 71 but loved all of the latest gadgets.  I'd asked her about the fact that my router doesn't get a good single down the hall in my bedroom.

Anyway, she laughed and said, "Well, you sure do have a lot of electronics, I see here where you've connected 11 things to your router!  Ha!  She said however many items connected to it doesn't slow it down.  I've heard differently and will ask my son-in-law because he does everything electronic for a living....

Respected Contributor

no

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Esteemed Contributor

"Think about this.  OK, so you can do face time....my Ipads, Iphone, etc does that and you can't do face time with this thing with someone else unless they have one too (an Echo Show)."

I don't know if this feature would encourage or discourage anyone from purchasing but thought I'd just mention that all parties do not have to own the SHOW for the video call feature. That feature can be used between the SHOW and smartphones. The person using the phone simply needs to download the free app. and will view the person on their phone screen while the person using the SHOW will see the person on their SHOW screen. 

Respected Contributor

I love mine. I have one in my kitchen and one in my office at work.

Honored Contributor

I bought it when it first came out over the summer.  I did not have any of the previous versions and I was glad I waited for this one as I absolutely love the screen.

I have my calendar synced to it, and I have it in a high traffic area, so I can see upcoming appointments, the time, the current weather and current headlines as it scrolls.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I have the original Echo and I love it.  I use it every day, mostly for music, audiobooks, lists, weather, traffic in my commute, and recipes.  I‘m not at all interested in this “Show.”  I’ll wait for the version that pushes the information straight to your TV to see, instead of a small Show unit.  No, I have not heard that’s in the making, but it makes sense that it will be the next best thing.

Contributor

Yes.  Two.  One for me and one for my parents, who are quite elderly.  If one or both falls, they don't need a phone in their hand to call for help--they can just call Alexa and they can reach me. I can also check in on them if they are not answering phones or texts. Greater peace of mind is a very good thing

I also like the calendar function and all the other stuff our regular Alexa does. Looking forward to it!

Honored Contributor

I thought I wanted this, I even purchased it but cancelled it. I have the original Amazon Echo and have to say Alexa doesn't know the answers to many questions I ask her! Also I may be a skeptic, but I wonder why this deal is so good? My luck I would buy this and a new version would come out in two weeks (when it comes to electronics I want the latest and the greatest)!