Trusted Contributor

Irish Sweater "your regular QVC size"

I am a QVC 1X.  Do I get the XL or the XXL?  

Honored Contributor

Re: Irish Sweater "your regular QVC size"

@walkingal   Check the garment measurement, then decide.  I always thought those sweaters ran small. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 I'm looking at the garment measurements (not the QVC size chart) but that's confusing to me.  I still have no idea.  You're right, I think these sweaters do run small.  I don't understand why they don't use QVC sizes instead of the unis*x sizes.  I'm not the only one wondering -- I see lots of sizing questions here and on FB.  I'll think about it.  Thanks for the info.

Super Contributor

I'm normally a Large in Denim & Co, but the Irish Sweater I ordered a few years ago I had to exchange for an XLarge.  I ordered this TSV in an XLarge as well.  I'm 5'2" 175 lbs.  It's best to check the garment measurements listed under Click Here.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

To me, they always ran large.  I love the Irish sweaters!  I have already ordered 2 and the day has just started! LOL!  I got the TSV in XSP in parsnip.  So glad they offered it in petites.

Honored Contributor

@walkingal wrote:

I am a QVC 1X.  Do I get the XL or the XXL?  

A 1X is similar, but not exact, to an XL.  My experience is that the merino wool sweaters run a little on the big side.  I sized down on a couple that I bought late last year that were more of a traditional cardigan style.  WIth the TSV, I've checked the garment size chart and am technically a large, but am thinking about sizing down.  My other option is to order both and return one, even though that means I'd be eating the shipping.  

Trusted Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch  I agree.  I thought about ordering an XL and XXL.  But I ordered the TSV in XL in the green.  Going by the chest measurements in the garment sizing chart, I'll go with the XL.    

Respected Contributor

I was wondering if they are "tight" around the hips, Jane had hers on last night and had the zipper upzipped about 6 inches.  Looked like the sweater was pulling.   I agree, these sweaters run small maybe because there isn't any stretch to them.   A nice quality sweater though.

Esteemed Contributor

Have never bought one of these Irish sweaters from QVC . My experience with trying  on  an Irish  brand sweater exactly like this one  at a speciality store , was that they ran small . If you want it to fit really tight and are slim at the waist go for your  regaular size. If you are apple shaped and carry weight in the tummy /hip area than go up a size . That was my experience with buying one from a shop where I could try this style on

Trusted Contributor

My experience has been that these sweaters run huge. I did hear the host say to order your regular size so I really don't know what is correct. 😑

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt