New Contributor

Ipad TSV not a very good value

What am I missing? I'm watching the TSV presentation and Kirsten is saying how hard it is to find this iPad and this price is a value, etc.

I went directly to Apple and there it is for $329. I don't need all of those accessories, so what am I missing about this value? I was able to select the 32G in rose gold at Apple which is exactly what I wanted and it will be here in two weeks or I can pick up at the store about an hour away. With QVC slow shipping, I most likely would get the qvc one in two weeks also.

what am I missing? Thanks!

Respected Contributor

Re: Ipad TSV not a very good value

QVC does this all time. I guess people want the ez pay, but Apple also has pay over time options. 

For my needs a 32G iPad is not enough storage. I like my 128G. 

Respected Contributor

@Jo3349 The accessories are put in the package to run up the value. They are what can be discounted. The easy pay would be the attraction for purchasing from QVC to spread out payments on a big ticket item.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I bought the same IPad from Best Buy a few months ago for 329 dollars , but this one does have extras that I wouldn't use.

New Contributor

Thank you for your reply. 32 has always been enough for me, but I also have cloud storage. 

I have to learn to really shop around and not just take qvc word for it. I'm glad I checked the Apple website directly. I already have so many accessories so o don't need the package qvc is offering. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Jo3349 wrote:

Thank you for your reply. 32 has always been enough for me, but I also have cloud storage. 

I have to learn to really shop around and not just take qvc word for it. I'm glad I checked the Apple website directly. I already have so many accessories so o don't need the package qvc is offering. 

@Jo3349

Sometimes Amazon will sell the 32GB tablet for $299.

Enjoy your product. 

Honored Contributor

they are selling to the ez pay buyer
New Contributor

Thank you for the heads up about Amazon!

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

FYI Best Buy will price match even Amazon. You just have to ask. You can can trade in your older devices at both Best Buy and Apple and they will give you a gift card that you can use towards your new device. 

Honored Contributor

My rule - buy the least expensive laptop that I can find at Best Buy.

Technology changes so quickly - it's out of date the as soon as you walk out of the store.

The one I'm using now (lenovo) - I bought in 2012 - still gong strong.