Esteemed Contributor

Re: Insulated Tumblers 11/27/19

I passed because of the shipping too

Honored Contributor

Check Bed Bath and Beyond. Also Academy. 🙂 

Respected Contributor

You can get the Primula Peak tumblers on Amazon for about $20 each, some higher, some lower, depending on color. (You have to be careful to differentiate them from the Primula Avalanche, which doesn't have as good reviews, at least on Amazon.)

I got the TSV last year and gave two as gifts. One person dropped hers and had problems with the lid sealing perfectly after that. The other dropped his a lot, but it only dented the bottom. I'm giving them both replacements this year, along with the holder. 

I have never heard of a mold problem, so I think that's a care issue that would occur with any lidded vessel that's got moisture and is neglected.

The shipping is a drag, but since you can't usually get these tumblers for much less than $20 apiece, it's a good deal if you're buying more than one. Plus they won't spoil, so you can save them as gifts as you need them. They're ready to give because they each come with a box. The holder set comes with four holders, eight Tritan straws, and four gift bags. I've waited a year to get the holders because they were sold out on QVC quite soon after showing and I couldn't even get them from the manufacturer. My butterfingered giftees will appreciate the handles.

Frequent Contributor

I have bought these tumblers before and love them.   However,  I ordered the wine tumblers and have already received.  They are made well and the colors are beautiful.....but they are so big around that I cannot hold them....they are too fat.  I will have to send them back.

Honored Contributor

@Tribesters @Thanks for your response.

I think I’ll pass on them.  Instead of coffee, I sometimes have a Pepsi...real sugar..one with lots of ice.  I’m all about ice!

I have plastic containers with flip tops.  I’ll stick with those.

I’m a germaphobe big time.  I take the entire thing apart to clean it...they don’t last long that way (seal breaks).....😁

Respected Contributor

@Southern Classy wrote:

I have bought these tumblers before and love them.   However,  I ordered the wine tumblers and have already received.  They are made well and the colors are beautiful.....but they are so big around that I cannot hold them....they are too fat.  I will have to send them back.

They have a set of holders and straws that would solve that problem.

Honored Contributor

Even the yeti get mold around the rubber ring,you have to take off and clean.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Trusted Contributor

I was going to order until I saw the $5.50 S/H.  Cancelled my order.

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

I did wash the lids in the dishwasher. I did not see the mold until I pulled the silicone ring out a little . It's a problem with all these types of cups. Even my Yeti lid. Also if you have sippy cups for kids  check those suction things in sippy cups. Use a white paper towel and wipe. You will often find mold. 

Honored Contributor

Since you are getting four tumblers, it seems to be a good price even with shipping if they are any good.  

Even with tax and shipping it's probably just less than $10 each, they come with a box and you don't have to shop around for them.