Valued Contributor

@jpie wrote:

I'm holding off until I can find a great price on the 8 Quart IP.  I only have a slow cooker now, but sometimes wish it were the 8 quart. When I cook something like cabbage and corned beef, I need more space for the cabbage until it cooks down. I either have to leave the lid ajar, or add less cabbage than the recipe calls for.  I only make this once a year, but I want more space at the top and sides.

Since I store my cooker in a space where there is plenty of vertical space, I will wait for the larger IP capacity.  I don't think the footprint (diameter) will be an issue either.

I really lucked out last November.  I was able to stack coupons on Kohls website for the Instant Pot Duo.  I ended up paying $90 for the 8 quart and picked it up the next day at the Kohls store.  The regular price was $149.99.  I was one happy camper.  I love my 8 qt. size.  I made mac and cheese last night and it took longer to get all the ingredients out and the cheeses grated than it took to cook it.

I highly recommend the 8 qt.

Super Contributor

I ended up not getting it but then some people said 6 quart is good to feed 3 or 4 people. 

Can you feel it to the top or do you need space at the top? My last pressure cooker said only fill it 2/3rd full. I might still get one somewhere else.

Respected Contributor

@jpie,@Suz61, Amazon and Kohls have the Instant pot 8 qt for $119 today. Kohls will keep this price until Sept.23.

Regular Contributor

@tiny 2 wrote:

@jpie,@Suz61, Amazon and Kohls have the Instant pot 8 qt for $119 today. Kohls will keep this price until Sept.23.

Thanks tiny2:   I ended up getting the TSV, but may get a second one like the one you mentioned so that I can have two going at the same time.  Thanks for the heads up.