Frequent Contributor

@misschristy wrote:

I've been getting the Insider Magazine for several years.  I got a letter that it is being stopped due to the work involved to publish it.  I was told to type it in the search engine.  What a disappointment!  It's nothing but blah stuff that I already get e-mails on.  In my world, there is nothing like sitting with a magazine vs. looking online.  Having said that, at least if it was online and had the same type of information that the magazine had, I would be somewhat content.  This is a big nothing and I don't even bother looking anymore.  I often ordered pre-sale TSV's from the magazine.  The magazine was a lot of fun and very well done.  

I agree with you!  I too often pre-ordered TSVs  Hoping online catches up with what the magazine was in paper form. 

Occasional Contributor

I will really miss the magazine. I started years ago with the paid subscription, and just kept going. It's hard for me to check for the TSV on a daily basis. The magazine allowed me to preview some of the best deals, and make a decision regarding whether or not I would buy in advance.  Thus, I would not miss-out on the TSV price. Also, I just...liked it. The "Inside Q" that they have replaced it with doesn't compare. At all. 

Regular Contributor

I miss the print version of The Insider.  I didn't realize just how much until it wasn't there.  I would always look through the TSV's.  Then, really decide if I wanted something.  I felt that I made much better choices and sent very few things back.  Now, I find myself forgetting to check to see if there is something coming up that I will be interested in.  I'm not into impulse purchases so not having time to really think about something and even read some early reviews that have been posted has kept me from buying as much.  That is a good thing for me, but if others are like me, it isn't helping QVC much.  I really don't have time to just sit in a chair and watch television. I don't even check the program guide that much.  I guess the times change.  

Super Contributor

I miss getting the print version so much!

I understand from time of printing to air time, changes can and do happen, but I liked having an idea for the most part what was coming up for the next month. The magazine was a fun piece of mail for me. Smiley Happy

They didn't even keep the online version though...? Smiley Sad

Frequent Contributor

I have a friend who is elderly and doesn't use the computer. She just told me that the magazine is being discontinued and how upset she is about it. She often ordered based on what was in the magazine.

Contributor

I agree with you completely.  I loved being able to get in on the TSV's early. The new info that's online is for the birds!  

Regular Contributor

I totally agree about the cessation of the  printed version of the Insider Magazine and the so very dippy online so called version that is just useless chatter. 

I liked seeing the TSVs in adbance and being able to pre-order.

Now you can't even tell what is going to be the TSV until a day or so before. 

I have been wanting to know what the Sharp TSV will be on 1-20-18, because I will be out of town and wanted to be able to pre-order. 

I hope QVC sees the loss of orders that occurs as a result of discontinuing the Insider Magazine. If they want to stop the paper version and convert to digital that is one thing, but this silly substitute full of chatter is not a real substitute but a useless waste of their time.

Valued Contributor

I, too, am disappointed that the Insider Magazine has been discontinued. I received it for about 2 years, in the mail and online. NO problems.

Also, I noticed since QVC bought HSN, we can no longer see what will be on during the day.  HSN used to allow us to see what the next 24 hours will bring and we could order ahead of time but they took that option away.

Seems to me this would lessen the amount of orders and decrease my wanting to order in general. I'm not sure what QVC is thinking but then again, maybe their sales are still going strong.  

I do buy more from QVC now; used to only order here and there. Once they reduced shipping, I started to order more. I do not order from HSN as much as I used to but I think my shopping on both channels will decrease this year. 

New Contributor

I also am very disappointed that they discontinued the Insider and also that we cannot see the TSV ahead of time, they have lost a bunch of money on me already, as I loved viewing and ordering right away the TSV and I work and travel and don;t have time to watch TV every night to see what the TSV is, I have not placed a order yet this year, more money in my pocket.  They have got to be losing money, they have lost me.

Honored Contributor

When I was getting the magazine in the mail, I would get an email that provided me a link to the same exact magazine to access online. I don’t get why QVC can’t do that same format unless they’re saving money on workers who contributed to the magazine. Having it available online would still save them money on printing and mailing the magazine. Becca, Josie Maran, and Mally are all having a TSV within the space of 10 days. I can’t afford to get all of them, it would be nice to know what they are in advance so I can budget my money accordingly.