Frequent Contributor

Didn't a recent "imported" shoe TSV stipulate "cow leather" and "pig leather"? I'd never seen that and wondered why the lady protesteth so much. Could this be why?

http://tinyurl.com/jhadq6o

Honored Contributor

I'm not clicking on any links -  not even here.  But I think I know why they might include that info.

If I could wear the shoes, I wouldn't care.  Just my opinion.

Trusted Contributor

What do you expect from "MADE IN CHINA" - no regard for "life" - be it human or animal -  I know very hard to avoid these days - but I am seriously trying.  

Honored Contributor

Since when is China the only country who uses the hides of animals? China is a complicated, ever-changing country that is not necessarily the devil incarnate as some seem to portray it.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3  You are right....of course China is not the only country that uses hides.  I've seen the pictures out of China and how "hides" are collected.  That kind of brutality should be witnessed or experienced by no living being.  Unfortunately, you are right.  It is also being practiced right here in the United States. Joaquin Phoenix has a short video on why he does not wear leather....very powerful.  But then I've seen and read too many others when I started investigating.  It wasn't until I realized the truth of the farm factory animals, that I was dedicated to making a difference in my life.  You cannot convince other people.  The press has done a great job at scamming the public that animals live a  life cage free/green meadows and are slaughtered without experiencing pain....the video "101 reasons to be Vegan" discusses this phenomenon.  We are raised without knowing the truth, so I understand the disconnect felt by the public.  Now that I know, I can no longer look the other way.