New Contributor

Re: Imperial Gold TSV...A Warning....

I contacted qvc CS & was told that the new IG pieces had the regular qvc 30 day return policy and that the 'Lifetime Warranty' on the older pieces was not being honored by IG anymore. Even though I was so glad to see IG available again, I am very disappointed, as I have a bracelet whose clasp snapped off years ago. I have been hesitant to trust a local jeweler to repair it correctly. 

Respected Contributor

I own five of IG bracelets from years ago.  Wear them often and I guess they could snag on clothing depending on what you are wearing but can't recall ever having any issues.  They are too expensive to just sit in my jewelry box.  I am a silver girl at heart but I do wear these bracelets very often.   Great quality and they are solid through and through. 

Respected Contributor

@BeyondtheSea wrote:

I contacted qvc CS & was told that the new IG pieces had the regular qvc 30 day return policy and that the 'Lifetime Warranty' on the older pieces was not being honored by IG anymore. Even though I was so glad to see IG available again, I am very disappointed, as I have a bracelet whose clasp snapped off years ago. I have been hesitant to trust a local jeweler to repair it correctly. 

How can a company not offer the lifetime warranty?  You just can't void it like they are doing, what does that say about a company.

They reeled you in buying the jewelry based on that and oh 20 years later they say the lifetime warranty is void.  That's terrible.

Regular Contributor

I own probably twenty pieces of Imperial Gold from years ago - before the price of gold went through the roof...  Two necklaces, six bracelets (much larger than these offered now) and many rings, + earrings.  I have NEVER had an issue with anything catching and snagging anything.  Guess I'm just lucky.  Their gold is the most beautiful, every piece that I have is probably 15 to 20 years old and each still looks as it did on the day it arrived.  Their jewelry is timeless, wears like iron, has a lifetime warranty  and is beautiful!!

Trusted Contributor

Thnak you so much for the warning. Many times I just focus on the beauty of the design not on the collateral damages...🌻

Trusted Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

@BeyondtheSea wrote:

How can a company not offer the lifetime warranty?  You just can't void it like they are doing, what does that say about a company.

They reeled you in buying the jewelry based on that and oh 20 years later they say the lifetime warranty is void.  That's terrible.

I don't know how they can not honor their warranty on the original pieces.   Of course those were made in the USA (in Houston TX) back then, so I don't even know if the company is the same or if there was some sort of buyout.   I was disappointed when they no longer made the stuff in the US, but that's the way it goes nowadays.  

Esteemed Contributor

I have an extensive wardrobe of Imperial Gold jewelry.  Over the more than 20 years I have been wearing IG I've never snagged a piece of clothing.  However, with some of their weaves I would never wear delicate lace, crochet or any other fabric which may be prone to having an accident with the jewelry.  

Respected Contributor

Snagging can really happen with any piece of jewelry.

I'll be glad when it's midnight though.  I've never been so tired of looking at one piece of jewelry and vendor.  Love the jewelry, just never cared for her.

Frequent Contributor

@SarahW wrote:

@Just Bling wrote:

@BeyondtheSea wrote:

I don't know how they can not honor their warranty on the original pieces.   Of course those were made in the USA (in Houston TX) back then, so I don't even know if the company is the same or if there was some sort of buyout.   I was disappointed when they no longer made the stuff in the US, but that's the way it goes nowadays.  

The name was bought by another company, and the jewelry is now made in Mexico. Smiley Sad

There's always a lot to be thankful for if you take time to look for it.
For example, I am sitting here thinking how nice it is that wrinkles don't hurt.
New Contributor

. The lifetime  guarantee is debunked  buy new management. My bracelet caught on something  and stretched an area of the bar. Afraid to wear it. They refused to fix it.