Esteemed Contributor

Re: If the Shark would stand up

[ Edited ]

My shark only stands up if I remove the top part, the part that the dirt collects in and comes off to be used as a hand held, and it then slides onto a piece on the bottom of the stem or whatever you call it. That's just to store in the closet. Otherwise it falls over.  Plus it has 3 filters that you have to clean every month. I hate it. I wish I'd never bought it. Wish I had gotten another Oreck that uses bags. Bag in and bag back out and into the trash when it's filled up. Stupid Shark you need to open the trap door and let the dirt fall into the trash. Dust flies around. And that stupid cannister is never totally clean. 

One of these days I'm going to kick it to the curb.

To sum it up, it falls over, filters to wash, dust flies when you empty, cannister always dirty. Hate it. Oh and it's heavy to push around, probably because of the canister being at the top.

Honored Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

My shark only stands up if I remove the top part, the part that the dirt collects in and comes off to be used as a hand held, and it then slides onto a piece on the bottom of the stem or whatever you call it. That's just to store in the closet. Otherwise it falls over.  Plus it has 3 filters that you have to clean every month. I hate it. I wish I'd never bought it. Wish I had gotten another Oreck that uses bags. Bag in and bag back out and into the trash when it's filled up. Stupid Shark you need to open the trap door and let the dirt fall into the trash. Dust flies around. And that stupid cannister is never totally clean. 

One of these days I'm going to kick it to the curb.

To sum it up, it falls over, filters to wash, dust flies when you empty, cannister always dirty. Hate it. Oh and it's heavy to push around, probabl

@shaggygirl 

My Shark model isnt heavy to push around (sad that its a discontinued model).....But Im with you....I prefer the bags that made disposal of the dirt tidy and easy and I know what you mean about cleaning those Shark filters all the time too.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

I have a Shark upright vacuum and really love it because it is easy to operate so back in September when the Shark Apex duo clean self-cleaning stick vacuum was presented I bought it and even though it does not stand up on its own I love it and the job it does cleaning. It is easy to operate and taking the filters out to clean is no big deal. That's why I really love Shark it was made for people who want ease of use and good cleaning. The fact is doesn't stand up on its own has not been a issue for me. 

Honored Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

My shark only stands up if I remove the top part, the part that the dirt collects in and comes off to be used as a hand held, and it then slides onto a piece on the bottom of the stem or whatever you call it. That's just to store in the closet. Otherwise it falls over.  Plus it has 3 filters that you have to clean every month. I hate it.............

To sum it up, it falls over, filters to wash, dust flies when you empty, cannister always dirty.

@shaggygirl I have one too and you listed the downside perfectly. Also, hair gets caught in the roller. However, I still like mine because it really cleans well. I've already missed the garbage bag when emptying it and the dust flew all over.

Respected Contributor

Couldn't agree more.  The Shark is a great vacuum but a total pain in the patootie the way it's always tipping over!  Bad design, IMO.

Respected Contributor

I have the Shark Apex corded lift away and it stands up. I love it.  Very powerful

Trusted Contributor

During the holidays Shark had a new vacuum that was for allergies and when you stood it up it had 2 tiny wheels pop out the back that made it stand up by itself. First presentation it sold out. When I  David present it again I  bought one. I love it.

Honored Contributor

I am so stupid.  I thought this was about @SharkE   Woman Embarassed

Honored Contributor

I have two Sharks:  one is a duo-clean, the other is the Navigator Lift-Away, both plug-ins.  Both stand upright on their own, so I'm not sure which models the OP is talking about.  I honestly wouldn't have any other brand (got rid of Dyson, which was heavy and cumbersome).

Honored Contributor

I have a Dyson cordless that's similar to the Sharke.  It came with a few different attachments and it's hung on the wall for storage & recharging.  I mostly use it for vacuuming crumbs and dirt in the kitchen & laundry rooms. Since it's top heavy it also doesn't stand.

It doesn't bother me that it won't stand but I can see how it might bother some people.