Trusted Contributor

Re: Ideas for different TSVs (ShopHQ has stun guns!)

@Bookplate  Stun guns were not "off topic" since they were presented on an associate channel.  Personal protection may not be something you care about but I'm willing to bet there are plenty here that do.  If not for themselves then for their kids and grandchildren that work in the city or in places experiencing high crime.  And it is something different being presented rather than the usual "slippers, wallets, kitchen gadgets etc". 

As far a "new" brands..you actually click on "NEW" under the banner lately?  There are plenty.  Unfortunately they are mostly the same stuff as what the regular QVC brands are presenting just a different supplier. 

Slippers??  703 different ones came up when I searched.  Same with wallets.   If you want the "suppliers" to bring something different you need to go to their websites and post there.  QVC will sell what they can get the suppliers to bring in.  I'm sure their representatives are dealing with suppliers that have limited amounts and variety.  It's coming up on winter and the holidays.  That will be the primary focus.  The buy one for your postman, hairdresser, garbageman etc..gifts along with the standard seasonal decorations and holiday food.  

I believe this season will have dimished sales for stores, and online merchants.  Many people don't have the disposable income they had in previous years.  There are some here who are quite well off and have no problem with prices but I know there are others who have had to cut back in some cases a lot.  You can ask for stuff and "want" to see stuff, but it's definitely going to come down to what they can find in quantity, and availability to ship that they present.  I work in procurement, and believe me when I say availability has driven many of my company's purchases to different brands and models.  Often not for the better either but it's what's out there.  

Trusted Contributor

@eadu4 wrote:

@Bookplate  Stun guns were not "off topic" since they were presented on an associate channel.  Personal protection may not be something you care about but I'm willing to bet there are plenty here that do.  If not for themselves then for their kids and grandchildren that work in the city or in places experiencing high crime.  And it is something different being presented rather than the usual "slippers, wallets, kitchen gadgets etc". 

As far a "new" brands..you actually click on "NEW" under the banner lately?  There are plenty.  Unfortunately they are mostly the same stuff as what the regular QVC brands are presenting just a different supplier. 

Slippers??  703 different ones came up when I searched.  Same with wallets.   If you want the "suppliers" to bring something different you need to go to their websites and post there.  QVC will sell what they can get the suppliers to bring in.  I'm sure their representatives are dealing with suppliers that have limited amounts and variety.  It's coming up on winter and the holidays.  That will be the primary focus.  The buy one for your postman, hairdresser, garbageman etc..gifts along with the standard seasonal decorations and holiday food.  

I believe this season will have dimished sales for stores, and online merchants.  Many people don't have the disposable income they had in previous years.  There are some here who are quite well off and have no problem with prices but I know there are others who have had to cut back in some cases a lot.  You can ask for stuff and "want" to see stuff, but it's definitely going to come down to what they can find in quantity, and availability to ship that they present.  I work in procurement, and believe me when I say availability has driven many of my company's purchases to different brands and models.  Often not for the better either but it's what's out there.  

I apologize if I went off topic.  I thought the question was about TSV's, with stun guns being but one possible category.  And by the way I live in a very big city.

I am well aware of all of the brands that QVC carries and how to find them.  My point being that most of these brands have not been TSV's and perhaps the company might expand its TSV offerings  into some of these other less heaviily promoted brands for variety.

I agree with you that this season does have a dismal sales forecast for several reasons.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bookplate @no biggie Smiley Happy off topic in this place is often more fun than the topics lol.  Let's face it we all know it's pretty much the usual holiday fare they will be pushing in the next 2 months and while I agree different and new is interesting I doubt we will have much of that sadly.   

Esteemed Contributor

@eadu4 wrote:

@Kachina624 I have several I purchased off Amazon.  They don't "launch" the barbs.  They are high powered flashlights with the option to use the stun feature.  They are a highly recommended totally lawful and easy to use defensive tool.  I carry mine when walking my dog at night.  The flashlight portion will momentarily blind the person if you shine it in their eyes it's so bright.  They are rechargable and can be carried easily in my purse if I need to.  I also have pepper spray and the loud high pitched alarm on my keys.  I am leaving nothing to chance.  I suggest going and reading the reviews.  That's what I did.  I will do whatever it takes to stay safe.  Which will include getting my cc again (I had it many years ago but let it expire).  In today's world, if you are out and about with no means to defend yourself you are easy pickings.  I took karate many years ago, thinking of taking up another self defense course.  I'm only 5ft tall and 62 years old.  I will not let myself be a victim.  Smiley Happy

IMHO, you are very wise. You can never be too safe.

Respected Contributor

I would like to see some Cutco knives demonstrated and maybe some good pricing.  They are quite expensive, but worth it.   I would be interested in getting a set for my son as a gift and ez pay would be nice.

......You look like I need a drink.....
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Usually when QVC adds a new product from a small company, the  quantities are small.

And we seldom see that product again.

I wish there was a way for QVC to bring back the 50 in 50 tour, maybe in a different format.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

@eadu4, I realize that often discussions generate ideas that are "off topic" and definitely have a need to be expressed.  But I disagree that hijacking the original topic is a good thing.  While I agree with all you said, I wish all posters who are tempted to sidetrack a topic would just start a new thread or add a post to point to an already existing discussion where their ideas are expressed.

My original post asked about ideas for new TSVs, which @Bookplate and others did, and that's helpful.

Trusted Contributor

@mb141312  With all due respect I don't believe I "hijacked" a topic.  The heading starts with "SHOP HQ HAS STUN GUNS" It was mentioned that it would not be an "interesting purchase".  I merely contributed to how it could be an interesting TSV to some and their use.  Others had commented on it even before I wrote my comment.  So if someone mentions the usefulness of a different product that's considered "hijacking"?   And btw...personal protection would be a new TSV and that was what was being asked for correct?  So I guess I'll just make my suggestion of personal protection for a TSV.   Smiley Happy   

Trusted Contributor

With my clumsy self I would probably end up stunning myself while trying to get it out of the package. 

Regular Contributor

@eadu4, I was reacting to your comment about "off topic in this place is often more fun than the topics lol". My use of "hijack" was inappropriate because your other comments were topic-related. I had been reading a different thread that was hijacked and was still annoyed.  Sorry.