Honored Contributor

I love making ice cream in my Vitamix.

Instead of milk,  I use the canned sweetened condensed milk.

I use fresh strawberries or fresh peaches - so good.

I can probably make several pints at one time, I really don't measure.

Honored Contributor

@Maddie64 wrote:

whatever the today's special value is I don't know why they spend so much time on 1 product, it is purely overkill!

Wait until tonight.

ITKWD

Respected Contributor

I can freeze homemade ice cream with a hand crank freezer, ice and rock salt faster than that.  One and a half pint freezer will not accommodate my recipes.  Kind of pricey for what it is.  JMO.

Esteemed Contributor

@KentuckyWoman wrote:

I can freeze homemade ice cream with a hand crank freezer, ice and rock salt faster than that.  One and a half pint freezer will not accommodate my recipes.  Kind of pricey for what it is.  JMO.

@KentuckyWoman

Yes, it is pricey, "new technology" so not enough competition right now.

I thought about the electric crank type and after realizing you have to keep adding ice cubes and rock salt ($8/4lb prime) just thought it'd be about fify $ more and much less aggrevation. Then, when I buy a gallon of ice cream I usually end up tossing it 'cause it hangs around too long! It's just me and my furbaby for 1.5 pint will be enough for two servings.

Occasional Contributor

Cheaper to just buy ice cream out of the grocery store, by the time you buy all the ingredients, you could have brought 5 gallons of gas for your car LOL.

Honored Contributor

I just received mine yesterday. Made the vanilla ice cream tonight on the hard setting. It took 1 1/2 hrs. It's really good. I would recommend putting your mixture in a container with pour spout instead of adding directly to ice cream maker as the vanilla recipe was more then the fill line. To clean I just rinsed with hot water, added some hot water with dish soap, washed out with paper towel & rinsed. No big deal since it's not heavy.

I used a 16 oz deli container which we use to store meals in the freezer since they are stackable. The mixture just fit in that container. We ate some & put the rest in the freezer.

DH wants some buttered pecan & I want some frozen yogurt. Can't wait for the fresh peaches.

Image result for 16 oz deli container

Honored Contributor

I made the chocolate ice cream last night & it's pretty good. I will just make vanilla & add fudge sauce or chocolate if I want chocolate. At least with vanilla you have all kinds of options as to what to add to it.

I'm making the Orange Creamsicle Yogurt right now. Can't wait to try it. Going to make some Butter Pecan this weekend. Looking for some Gelato recipes since it does not bother my stomach like ice cream. I don't think the gelato recipes in the booklet are true gelato recipes since the ice cream & gelato all have heavy cream & half & half.

Honored Contributor

@gabstoomuch wrote:

They sold this once before, yet they took the reviews down. I would like to see the reviews.

45 minutes for soft serve, 60 or more minutes for hard ice cream. That is a really long time for 2 servings of ice cream.

Although, if one ever reads the ingredients in store bought ice cream it makes you cringe. So many chemical additives.

I notice Meredith is pulling the "taste it David" servings from containers that were pre-made and  put in the freezer pre-show, so that makes me wonder if it comes out  soupy until you freeze it?

@gabstoomuch The hard setting does not come out soupy. Have not tried the soft & doubt I will since the hard setting is not what I call hard. It's just right. It does not get hard in the freezer like store bought ice cream.

She probably had to have it made in the freezer for them to try while making since I imagine it's pretty hot under those studio lights.

Honored Contributor

@Maddie64 wrote:

whatever the today's special value is I don't know why they spend so much time on 1 product, it is purely overkill!

@Maddie64 Because they bring in thousands & want to sell them. Not everyone is watching TV at the same time.

Honored Contributor

Making strawberry frozen yogurt right now. It looks yummy. Have the ingredients for the Butter Pecan Ice Cream cooling off in the refrigerator so I can make it after the yogurt.

I have enough fresh peaches I froze last Sept to make some peach ice cream. Doubt I will get to that today. YUM!!!

What has everyone else that bought the machine been making?