Frequent Contributor

I love the idea of Cook's Essential Ice Cream maker, how light it is, the colors, easy to pack for vacation, etc....but it makes ONLY 1 1/2 pt of ice cream. If it takes 45 min to make that much, it would take forever to make enough for a family, friends, etc. 

Trusted Contributor

They sold this once before, yet they took the reviews down. I would like to see the reviews.

45 minutes for soft serve, 60 or more minutes for hard ice cream. That is a really long time for 2 servings of ice cream.

Although, if one ever reads the ingredients in store bought ice cream it makes you cringe. So many chemical additives.

I notice Meredith is pulling the "taste it David" servings from containers that were pre-made and  put in the freezer pre-show, so that makes me wonder if it comes out  soupy until you freeze it?

Esteemed Contributor

I was researching and fouund this comment on the website for the following:

Mr. Freeze EIM-700T 1.5 Pint Thermo Electric Self-Freezing Ice Cream Maker, Turquoise. This was from Walmart and was $115.99.

This is great, works exactly like it claims, takes no time to make, easy to add the ingredients , only one complaint, it only makes a small amount.

Not worth it
5/3/2017
Average rating: 1 out of 5 stars, based on reviews

I have used this machine several times. I made vanilla ice cream and the motor stops spinning the dasher a few minutes into the process. There is no big chunks to stop the dasher and it's totally not frozen at all. The motor seems to be slipping. I paid $82 for several scoops of ice cream.
Super Contributor

Re: Ice Cream Maker

[ Edited ]

Why did they switch the Easy Pays from 5 to 4? The June Insider had the Easy Pays at 5.Screenshot 2017-06-07 at 1.21.15 AM.png

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Ice Cream Maker

[ Edited ]

@Bigbear52 wrote:

Why did they switch the Easy Pays from 5 to 4? The June Insider had the Easy Pays at 5.Screenshot 2017-06-07 at 1.21.15 AM.png

They always state in the Insider that the easy pay may not be available when it appears on air. That is probably the reason.

Contributor

whatever the today's special value is I don't know why they spend so much time on 1 product, it is purely overkill!

Honored Contributor

@Mollie wrote:

I love the idea of Cook's Essential Ice Cream maker, how light it is, the colors, easy to pack for vacation, etc....but it makes ONLY 1 1/2 pt of ice cream. If it takes 45 min to make that much, it would take forever to make enough for a family, friends, etc. 

@Mollie . I'm interested in it too but wish it made more.  It does seem like such a small amount that it's not worth it for making for more than two people.

It could be great for just me & DH...I do like the fact that I can control the sugars & fat.  There is an amazing local ice cream place near me who uses only organic ingredients but they are very expensive.....decisions!

Honored Contributor

Thought this would be perfect for my DS Fathers day. But! Amount unit makes imo isn't worth the price. To those who purchased enjoy. Waterpik complete sonic system in Black. He needs new one. Love the black 89.00 free shipping and six ezpays. 

Frequent Contributor

I think a lot of folks will order it because of the colors and presentation not realizing it only makes about 2 servings...1 1/2 pint. I foresee a lot of those being returned.

Honored Contributor

I have a Cook Essentials older model.  In fact, I own two.  They make a quart and a half of ice cream each.  They work well, but the containter must be kept in the freezer for at least  24 hours before you can use it,  you have to have room in your freezer, which sometimes I don't.

I also have an old fashioned ice cream maker that I add ice and rock salt to the bucket.  It makes 4 quarts at a time.  Mine is electric, so no hand cranking is needed, 

The old fashioned one with ice and rock salt is the better one, hands down.  It's so much faster and makes more at one time.