Regular Contributor

I got the kit last year, and the balm was really nice, but if I recall correctly, it was a little too pink for me (though it's VERY sheer - not like a lipstick, more like alight gloss without too much shine.  I gave it to my daughter. 

Honored Contributor

I cannot use the original Je Ne Sais Quoi.  It turns a horrible garrish shade of bright pink on me.  I tossed it in the trash.

However, I use the Rose on a regular basis and love it.  It's more of a deep muted rose shade on me.  And it doesn't change color. The color it is in the tube is what it stays on me.

It does have good color payout but because it's a balm, it doesn't have good lasting power.

Personally, I wouldn't spend the money on this on it's own.  If I want a balm with a sheer color like this, I'd buy Maybelline Baby Lips for $3.00. 

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I cannot use the original Je Ne Sais Quoi.  It turns a horrible garrish shade of bright pink on me.  I tossed it in the trash.

However, I use the Rose on a regular basis and love it.  It's more of a deep muted rose shade on me.  And it doesn't change color. The color it is in the tube is what it stays on me.

It does have good color payout but because it's a balm, it doesn't have good lasting power.

Personally, I wouldn't spend the money on this on it's own.  If I want a balm with a sheer color like this, I'd buy Maybelline Baby Lips for $3.00. 

Thank you for your reply. Baby Lips is a great idea!

Respected Contributor

I just tried it and the rose looks really good on me (at least I think it does.)  I don't understand making it flat though, it would be easier to apply shaped like a regular lipstick.  

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I got the IT TSV as well and I can't wear this Je Ne Sais Quoi at all. On my it is almost a blood purple color and very drying. I do have dry skin. I wear light in the IT CC foundation and love it. I guess I am the odd one here but that color on me looks like a Halloween blood purple plus so drying, not at all moisturizing on me. I went for AD but I cancelled that since I am already on AD for the super size IT CC foundation which is the only thing in the kit I really love. I don't/can't wear powder anything so didn't even bother to open the powder product. I do like the mascara but isn't worth the price for that since I already get the super size foundation. I ordered this kit because I thought I would love the brow pencil(prefer ybf), wanted to try the mascara(do like this), can't wear the powder or the lip balm so, is a no for me for this TSV since all I love is the foundation and the mascara.

glad so many seem to really love this, wish I did

Respected Contributor

I ordered the TSV in light at the end of the day on waitlist. It came up as available and shipped  a couple of days later. Still not here. I will let you know how the TSV works for me if I get it.

I also ordered a philosophy gingerbread shower gel duo on 11/11...on my charge but still not here and no shipping info except billing info received.

This is not my year I guess.