Frequent Contributor

IT GLOW FOUNDATION PORCELAIN?

I am totally  confused because of ALL the "Fair" shades on the website!  I always would get the lightest shade in any brand, but I am afraid the porcelain would be too light?  I am a "fair, neutral shade".   What does this even mean as far as what shade to pick?  I am at a total loss!!!....I like it light with not too much yellow or beige.  WHO CAN HELP ME OUT HERE???  On TV the "fair beige" is the lightest one but not on the website itself as there are several shades of "Fair"...This is really confusing!

Honored Contributor

Re: IT GLOW FOUNDATION PORCELAIN?

@SweetSpice 

You can try it on virtually on itcosmetics.com.  That's what I did & was able to select a color that was a perfect match for my skin tone.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

@SweetSpice, there is a Fair Porcelain option listed as the lightest. But I agree with SurferWife. Go directly to the it cosmetics website. They have the shade listed with 

(N), (W), and (C) after the shade's name.

Honored Contributor

I'm wondering about the difference  between the Medium and the Neutral Medium.  A cool  complexion (leaning towards redness) that is Medium....would use Medium or Neutral Medium.  Appreciate any feedback.

@SweetSpice   Hope you get some feedback and able to figure out the "fair" issue.  Seems like IT's attempt to offer many shades leads to some confusion, but it will result in getting a more exact shade for your complexion.  Good luck!

Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

I'm wondering about the difference  between the Medium and the Neutral Medium.  A cool  complexion (leaning towards redness) that is Medium....would use Medium or Neutral Medium.  Appreciate any feedback.

@SweetSpice   Hope you get some feedback and able to figure out the "fair" issue.  Seems like IT's attempt to offer many shades leads to some confusion, but it will result in getting a more exact shade for your complexion.  Good luck!

@phoenixbrd 

Most definitely Neutral Medium.  My skin is exactly as you described and the Medium is too warm.  You can try both colors on, using the virtual try-on feature on itcosmetics.com

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@SurferWife  Thanks for your information.  I'm ordering the Neutral Medium.  The medium shades tend to sell out quickly, appreciate your feedback.

Esteemed Contributor

I was considering the TSV but find choosing a shade option confusing and the hosts are talking about everything but helping with the shade options. Had the shade choices been explained I would order but that's not happening so I'm out. I would not put a picture of myself on the IT website. Hope you all find the perfect shade for you.
Respected Contributor

I have tried to be matched with IT, but everything in a lighter shade is sooooo yellow.  I guess they never heard of cool colors. I gave up.