Honored Contributor

Re: IT Cosmetics needs to know:

[ Edited ]

@september wrote:

I like dewy!  If I look too shiny, I can always brush on a bit of powder.  I'm more concerned with the interaction among the ingredients.

Tired and going to get ready for bed soon, but I want to look into this more tomorrow.

More importantly, Loreal purchased IT. Loreal tests on animals. I never support companies who do.🐰
Frequent Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity   I'm really glad you mentioned that.   I did not know that L'Oreal bought IT cosmetics.   I don't buy anything L'Oreal for that very reason!!!  Now I will NEVER buy IT cosmetics for the same reason!!

Honored Contributor

@rozio wrote:

@Sweet_Serenity   I'm really glad you mentioned that.   I did not know that L'Oreal bought IT cosmetics.   I don't buy anything L'Oreal for that very reason!!!  Now I will NEVER buy IT cosmetics for the same reason!!

Google the buy out, Amount billions. What I can't understand! Why Loreal continues testing on animals? Same goes for all companies.
Respected Contributor

@IMW wrote:

Sorry, for the additional post, however, Jamie touts her products as special since they work with dermatologists and science, they take years to develop products.

This really makes me wonder, this  no no of mixing of retinol and spf is skin care 101. 

Not only will retinol and spf not work together it ages skin and can damage skin!

I've heard her say they work with plastic surgeons, which are not dermatologists. Scientists?  All the buzz words...

Occasional Contributor

It's all very confusing. I'm in my mid 40's and have had a hard time finding the right retinol cream. I recently tried the Dr. Denese line and saw zero difference in my lines. I wanted to check out the It cosmetics line but now am thinking about just making an appointment with my dermatologist.
Esteemed Contributor

Does it have retinol in it? If it does I seriously doubt it has much to do anything.

Honored Contributor

i caved and ordered it on auto delivery. i really like IT products and i am anxious to try this. a reminder......no free shipping on future auto deliveries.

now, how am i going to stop myself from also getting the peter thomas roth TSV?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

@Kegla7

The aesthetician at my dermatologist's office carries generic retinol or tretinoin in various %ages.  The 0.05% runs about $80 with tax.    It got rid of some brown spots and the fine lines ( 72 now ).   HTH

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Esteemed Contributor

They showed the make-up on an older woman and it looked terrible. It was heavy and looked shiny. Also, it emphasized her bags under her eyes. Another TSV hype. I wish they would quit the hard sell, it is a turn off.

Esteemed Contributor

@elated wrote:

They showed the make-up on an older woman and it looked terrible. It was heavy and looked shiny. Also, it emphasized her bags under her eyes. Another TSV hype. I wish they would quit the hard sell, it is a turn off.

Helen has a lot of wrinkles. The other models all look beautiful with it on.