Honored Contributor

Re: IM TSV Jacket? Anybody buying?

I thought Susan Graver got the winter coat gig.  I saw Jane's replay in the middle of the night.  She has started this it's selling out spiel, I've learned to ignore her.  It will be interesting to see what is left tonight.  

Honored Contributor

No.  I don't need any jackets.  I have three "real" raincoats in addition to all sorts of jackets I've collected over the years.  

And ....

Over the summer, I bought two jackets that are similar style.  From Totes - excellent buy - discontinued colors, but they were "my colors."   Fleece lined, hood, water resistant.  

I think the original price was about $50.  I paid $15 each!

Trusted Contributor

The only one that even slightly resembles a "barn" jacket is the olive with plaid lining. Those floral linings just ruin it for me!

Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels here on earth to teach us to be better humans.
Honored Contributor

I have a Carhartt canvas jacket with a zip-out pile lining. That's all I need as far 'barn' style goes. 

Respected Contributor

Like them but don't need them =no purchase.  

I have a Denim & Co from 20 years ago that is similar and reversible. Haven't worn it in quite a while.  Time to revive it. My DH has an authentic barn jacket denim outside, flannel inside from Sears, over 30 years old and in perfect condition. 
Yes, I don't get rid of things easily. They always come back in fashion at a much more expensive price. 

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Trusted Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper  - what is the brand of your coat?  I really like the styling.

Honored Contributor

@depglass wrote:

I thought Susan Graver got the winter coat gig. 

@depglass 

I thought the same thing. She seems to always have a coat TSV. 

I think it looks nice, but I don't need any more coats. 

Honored Contributor

@DecorDiva  It's called "Weatherproof."  Yeah, I know, probably a no-name brand, but it's made in excellent quality; paid $39 for it.   I've worn it plenty in the past two years and it's just like new.  I also put it in washing machine & dryer.  It's no longer available on Zulily, but they have similar ones and varying prices.  

Regular Contributor

Don't need a new jacket this year, so won't be buying.

But my opinion of the jacket is that all of them should only have plaid linings, The matching scarves are a nice touch.

The only decent colors that are offered are the navy, black and red.

I think that the flower linings are "frumpy and old lady looking,"

Honored Contributor

I rather like it, especially the Navy and Red colors, but I don't need one......I also kind of like the lining-not that you would see it that much. It does seem to be selling quite well, except for the color Pink....