Honored Contributor

Re: IM Cashmere sweater for Monday

[ Edited ]

if you care to google china and cashmere you can read at your leisure the effect China has had on this commodity.

Let's stay on topic

Frequent Contributor

From this guy's perspective, it is about the ugliest sweater I have ever seen.

Esteemed Contributor

It is not nice looking. I do not know what the quality of this sweater.

Occasional Contributor

Even Brenda who has possibly the best body on qvc looks large..it's as they say an unfortunate sweater..love Isaac would have bought it in a second if it was a cardigan or a regular turtleneck..it's an investment not something you actually want to look like a turtle in

Honored Contributor

l'll  pass too, I'm petite like Meredith and I think it overwhelms her and you can see through the pink color. Also, the price is an issue with me so I would have to love it to spend that much on a sweater. IMO the sweater did not flatter the thin models, even  Caressa who looks great in every thing did not look her best in the TSV.

Esteemed Contributor

I adore Isaac and have several items from his line. That being said, this sweater just doesn't do a thing for anyone wearing it that I've seen so far. A bit too baggy looking IMO.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Respected Contributor

Why is an XS sweater the same price as a 3x? If this is the most luxurious cashmere, either the xs should be half the price or the 3x should be twice the price, given it is double the "most luxurious fabric". Someone's getting scr#wed. 

Contributor

I've been looking at this sweater all day hoping to find enough reasons to buy one but I can't. I don't own a cashmere sweater and I've been dying for one but I cannot bring myself to buy this. I find nothing about the shape or style that would flatter anyone. I was really disappointed. The sleeves??? Really???  And it's so boxy looking. I love the tunic length but there is no shape to it 😒

Valued Contributor

@bebe777 wrote:

I agree that Isaac's TSV cashmere sweater is odd. I'm really surprised to hear him say that "everyone" seems to be wearing this style in NYC? Really???!! I don't think so. 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Bebe you are right! I live in NYC and NEVER see any of the "trends" that QVC hosts push as being the next greatest thing!

Esteemed Contributor

Guess I'm in the minority, but I like it.  I've always tended to "hide"  under my clothes, even when I was a teeny-weeny.  But, that's just my comfort style.  I saw it on Mary on ITKWD and she looked really nice.  Briefly caught a look this pm, Jackie was wearing the pink in the M/L and looked great.  And before ordering, I watched the video with Amy (she's smaller than me) and looked sharp IMHO.  So, bit the bullet, 'cause it is expensive - but all cashmere is expensive - and ordered it.  However, I'm on waitlist for the green:  good thing, can read reviews; bad thing, cannot use my five easy pays that the Q is giving for the holidays because it's on waitlist.  Well, anyways, I like it and Isaac is usually spot-on so the baggy look must be "in" - yeah!