Trusted Contributor

Re: I would LOVE to have a robot vacuum....

I know that if my hubby sees this presented today he is going to want it.  He has talked about these for a couple years.  Even at $400 I can't justify spending that money.  I purchased the Shark TSV this summer.  

If it went up and down stairs, then I would buy it no questions asked.

Esteemed Contributor

My DS and DIL have a robot vacuum and love it.  Two working parents with two active children and a dog and cat.  We don’t personally have a need for one, as two retired folks.  But what a great help for busy people.  Years ago I would have loved it.

Honored Contributor

Like @mimomof4  DH has been talking about a roomba for years.  But on looking into the "fine print", we decided against it.  According to the description, the docking station needs to be away from a wall.  Our condo is not that big and we don't know where we would dock it.  We don't have pets and both of us have a fairly high tolerance for dirt.  I typically vacuum only a couple of times a month.  If, when, the price comes down, we may reconsider.  

Trusted Contributor

If you have a pet...and if your pet ever has accidents in the house, or hurls up "stuff' with hairballs...just remember that Roomba is looking for a mess.  Once Roomba finds poop, pee, or vomit, etc. it will go over it and over it and then go all over your lovely home in random patterns.  Sometimes this means it "paints" your floor in abstract patterns with whatever substance it is dragging along with it.  You will need to spend a good amount of time cleaning up after the Roomba has made its rounds.  Just a visual to consider that you might not have thought of before.  Ha!

Snarky responders need not reply. Move along and share your views elsewhere.
Esteemed Contributor

I got my Dyson last Xmas.... Much love!Heart 

Respected Contributor

@CritterKeeper wrote:

Always wanted one to help with all the dog hair. It would be nice to have it do the job while I'm at work. I just can't justify spending that much money. Believe me, if I could, I'd buy it in a heart beat!!   *sigh....

First off, not good with animals, too much hair. Secondly, you can't have it running and go to work, you have to be there, they sometimes get stuck on things. Best you read up on this, because what you are thinking is totally out of line. I have one I know.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@CritterKeeper wrote:

Always wanted one to help with all the dog hair. It would be nice to have it do the job while I'm at work. I just can't justify spending that much money. Believe me, if I could, I'd buy it in a heart beat!!   *sigh....

I have a Shark Ion RV700.  Paid $299 (maybe a little lower) at Target a couple of years ago (came with a $35 Target gift card).  Like it so much, got another one and plan on buying a third.  I have a 3 level home and dragging a heavy vacuum up and down is no fun.  My MIL has a Roomba.  It's okay.  I think it's much louder than mine and I think mine does a better job.  I've seen it in the Walmart ad for early Black Friday sales for $199.

Valued Contributor

Being home totally defeats the purpose of me getting one. If I'm home, I'll vacuum myself. 

Something to consider, I guess.

Honored Contributor

If I was going to buy a robotic vacuum then I would seriously consider the new Shark IQ Robot. It has a self-cleaning brush roll, which I love on my new Shark upright btw, and the IQ also has an automatic empty feature...wow, now that's some robot!

Valued Contributor

Wow! I just check that one out. Yeah, i think I like it better!! Thanks.