Trusted Contributor

Re: I'm not liking the way the trench looks on Jayne & Sharon!

TOO SHORT

Respected Contributor

I agree the cut of this coat is too short. Good for petites though. I already have a few trench coats.

Honored Contributor

Fortunately, I have no need for a trench. If I did, it wouldn't be double-breasted nor so short.

I don't care if it's a trench, a sweater, or whatever - if it's belted tightly, on me it looks terrible. I've always been busty, but with age I've also added lower width. Belting that kind of figure pretty much gives you Kim K which doesn't even always look good on her with her youth and money for great tailoring!

Respected Contributor

I just watched Jayne on the Joan Show presenting the coat again.....this time she wore a red one and I'd ""bet the farm"" that she sized up for the presentation......this one looked slightly better.......that stone one this morning way too small for her...pulled in the shoulders and across the bust and she looked uncomfortable.

Respected Contributor

Ha, IMO all the hosts try and squeeze into a smaller size than they should wear just to say they did. All that does is make things look terrible on them and doesn't do the presentation any good at all.

I saw Isaac with Shawn on Friday since I was home and had to laugh because he insisted that she try on a jacket that he was showing in a size UP. She didn't like it but it did look better on her.

I'm a petite but I am not in the market for a coat - this one wouldn't work for me anyway.

Valued Contributor

I love the style and I'm tempted, but I think the shine makes it look cheap. It doesn't look like it would be very warm either.

Super Contributor

I have one so very similar in yellow,,from many years ago (also Joan;s) don't think I paid that much either. just wore it the other day on a gloomy dank day,,love to wear it then WITH my giant daisy umbrella!!! also my son tied the belt to my back,,,,much better job than David did on air {#emotions_dlg.sad}

Trusted Contributor

I am busty, so I don't like double breasted, nor belted to being with, and this is by far too short. I also don't like the fabric.

You'll find my heart at the Rainbow Bridge. Smiley Sad
Respected Contributor

On 2/2/2015 Favorite Son said:

I think that a trench is possibly the most universally unflattering garment made (except of course, the hip-and-thigh-magnifying sharkbite hem.)

It is double breasted, which breaks the field of vision into at least three segments. It generally has epaulets, which further interrupt the line, and then there is the BELT. Unless you are more hanger than human, the belt just adds to the sack-of-potatoes effect. For once, the fact that this thing looks bad isn't entirely due to hosts and models wearing a garment that is too small. It is just a very difficult garment.

The shiny looking fabric doesn't help, either.

I thought it was so unflattering. Might be better unbelted, avoiding the sack of potatoes look. Too busy, epaulettes, double breasted, big buttons, etc.

PS Don't like the knotted belt at all either. So inconvenient to undo and not a good look.

Honored Contributor

Yes, to short for me and I like a cleaner look on a coat.