Honored Contributor

Re: I'm not liking the way the trench looks on Jayne & Sharon!

I have an LDO that I have had for several years, in olive green with the sheen look but I think in the darker colors that is better. I do not tie my tightly and the dark olive has self-colored buttons. The hardware/findings are a darker metal so they don't "stick out like a sore thumb" and the length is longer and I believe it has a kick pleat in back. I do not tie my belt with the dagger like tie. I hang it loosely or tie it in the back. It is not meant to be warm, but deflect rain, water, splash, etc.

This is a trench coat and the true trench made by Burberry for the GIs in the war,was for use in the trenches; they had to have all those attachments on them, the double breast the belt with all the hooks, the epulets as they all served a purpose for food packs, hatches, axes, pistols, etc. Tying them kept things nice and tidy and kept them warmer, use for gear with which to dig fox holes and ditches, fight and shoot.

Valued Contributor

I thought it it was me because I thought Jackie Gonzales looked awful in the shiny red one. I didn't think anybody including the thin models looked good in this coat and they all have a much better figure than I do. It may be the cut because they all looked short-waisted and frumpy. I also agree the shine would highlight figure flaws. Think I'll just stick with her jewelry.

Contributor

I agree with Milly, I do not like the sheen on the fabric. Have always loved the look of Joan's Trench Coats, so I'm really bummed that the fabric is shiny looking. Deal breaker for me. Oh well, saved money!!{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Frequent Contributor

I have to say that most of the time Jayne doesn't wear the clothes well. She is just not a great fashion person. She seems like a really nice gal. but just not for showcasing clothes.

Honored Contributor

On 2/2/2015 lcmel said:

I have to say that most of the time Jayne doesn't wear the clothes well. She is just not a great fashion person. She seems like a really nice gal. but just not for showcasing clothes.

I like the trench, but it's too short. Agree with your 1st 2 statements. The few times I've watched Jayne and Pat present clothing & handbags during PMStyle, they were inept--individually, and worse when paired together. They should not be assigned to fashion or handbags. Q management decisions are getting worse and somewhat amusing, like watching a train wreck!

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

I don't care for it because it's shiny.

Honored Contributor

On 2/2/2015 lcmel said:

Jayne really knows fashion but I agree with you, she has just not found her complimentary wardrobe to match her knowledge.

Super Contributor

I love the Burberry inspired trench, but don't care for,the fabric; I agree the sheen makes the material look very cheap.
Honored Contributor

I need a new trench in a big way and had high hopes for this. But then I saw this and the fabric is so shiny, at first I thought it was taffeta. Then after that, I saw the length and it's just too short.

Trusted Contributor

I bought it in the stone. I would wear it like how Courtney had it styled with white t-shirt, jeans, and pumps. Thought it looked really good on her in PMStyle.