Trusted Contributor

I have a weird question, my current Tracfone.....

My account says my current Tracfone phone is deactivated, but it's still working.  Should I just wait until I get my new Samsung Galaxy and just activate that?  Or should I reactivate my old Tracfone?  

Honored Contributor

Re: I have a weird question, my current Tracfone.....

[ Edited ]

Have you tried to make or receive a call?  You can still access your contacts and dial 911 after it has been deactivated but you should not be able to make calls.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624

I'm still receiving and making calls, receiving and sending texts.  I do still have a balance of remaining data/talk/texts.  I remember a couple of months ago getting a text from Tracfone leading me to believe I should be doing something with my account but it was very unclear, so I let it go.  It's just kind of weird that the phone is labeled as deactivated when I'm still able to use it.  I guess I'll just wait for the new one and activate that.  Maybe it was the end of the contract period but since I'm not that familiar with how Tracfone works, I thought as long as you had minutes etc, and since I've gotten both previous phones from Q, I didn't think I needed to do anything because of the lifetime minutes.  I have noticed that sometimes when I get a text it doesn't always show up on the main screen letting me know I have a text.  I thought maybe there was something wrong with the phone.  Well anyway, I'm glad I'm getting this Samsung.  I like the 5" feature.  I like to upgrade every couple of years anyway.  My last two were LGs.  Thanks for replying, I appreciate your help.

Occasional Visitor

I noticed that you said you had two previous LG Tracfone that you also got from QVC...I'm thinking what you saw that says it was deactivated is one of your old phones! The reason I say this is that I just logged into my Tracfone account online to check my balances and I listed all of my previous phones...I'm assuming they all had the same phone number or least a couple of them and if they look similar it can be hard to tell...I had mine and my husband's phones all on the same account and they are all listed there on that page...on the Tracfone website up near the top right...there is an orange square that says check my balance...if you click on that..it will then just ask for you to enter the phone number that you need to check...once you do that it will bring up a page with your balances and service end date for WHICHEVER PHONE IS ACTIVE CURRENTLY FOR THAT PHONE NUMBER! But listed below that information is a list of any other phones associated with that same phone number...I think that is what you were seeing. Another words they give you the info for the ACTIVE phone but don't show a picture of it...the ones listed below with the pictures that say deactivated are your previous phones! Hope that help!