Respected Contributor

Re: I don't "get" the look of these rugs!

I actually like the look and ordered the 5x7 in slate blue for my patio.  I love that they are not the type that look like plastic.  I have navy accents on my patio and in my outdoor melamine dinnerware and cannot wait to get it.  My pavers on the patio have a grey tone and this blue with grey will be perfect.

Honored Contributor

@Catch71 wrote:

I actually like the look and ordered the 5x7 in slate blue for my patio.  I love that they are not the type that look like plastic.  I have navy accents on my patio and in my outdoor melamine dinnerware and cannot wait to get it.  My pavers on the patio have a grey tone and this blue with grey will be perfect.

@Catch71I actually like the look too.  I am thinking of getting the teal for my patio too.  

Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD   I have a large indoor/ outdoor rug on my patio that is made from the same fabric as the TSV.  They really do dry quickly and do not fade. I would not really use it indoors unless I had a sunroom or an area that was for the kids only, or maybe a basement.

it is not soft enough for me to use indoors in my living area.  I put mine out each spring and roll it up for winter storage.  Mine is several years old and still looks like new.

I also have several of the plastic mats.  I use them outside for our RV in the grass and in the wooden deck.  They are several years old too.  The ones from QVC last a long time.

I bought some elsewhere and they disintegrated the first season and left fibers and splinters all over everything.  Yuck!

I like the rugs and mats mostly to keep the wood and cement surfaces cool.  I go out in my bare feet and they get burnt without some kind of rug. 

Honored Contributor

Leave it to the Scott Brothers to market worn rugs.  I'll have to rediscover my grandmother's old, worn oriental rugs.

Contributor

This is a real stretch for me to imagine being used in a home. It reminds me of having worn old vinyl floors, worn carpet and dated carpet. It's one of the first things you would notice in the room. They're not my taste. 

Respected Contributor

I paid a lot for my colored patio pavers in a basket weave pattern. I keep them grouted and sealed and they look great!  No way I want to cover them with an outdoor rug. While I do like the look of the navy "diamond" rug, I don't need one more item to have to worry about at the end of the season.  There is no way I would leave it out all year round (in the Midwest), and I certainly don't want to roll it up, lug it to the garage, and then find a place for storing it during the off-season.  

Honored Contributor

Don't over think it, that's just the style of those rugs.  Some people like them, some don't.  It's just a matter of personal taste.  

Respected Contributor

I do not get the look of these types of aged looking rugs.

My daughter has one in her living room and everytime I look at it I wish she would replace it. I like everything else in the room, except that rug. Not my room, not my rug.

i remember back in my old neighborhood, there was a couple that had a fantastic home, they were really into very early American, Their house was gorgeous to say the least, I mean like magazine worthy gorgeous. Outstanding, actually.

Anyhow, she had a few large rugs placed thru out her home that she had purchased that were Williamsburg rug replicas of actual Williamsburg rugs that they had in their fine Williamsburg homes back in the day. These rugs were not brightly dyed, but had lots of colors in their patterns and shading that really made them look like antique rugs, not old won rugs. Gorgeous!

I just do not get these aged looking rugs of today. I think they distract from the space rather than enhance it. Indoors or outdoors. Just my thoughts on these types of rugs. 🙂

-Texas Hill Country-
Trusted Contributor

@spent2much   When Isaw them i thought , man that is a really really ugly rug. 

Honored Contributor

Thats why we have options.  Something for everyone.