Honored Contributor

Re: I cannot believe they are selling another blanket

@stevieb wrote:

@Ainhisg wrote:

@Skyegirl21 wrote:

Agree. These can be found anywhere, Wallyworld, TJM/ HG, my local Job-lot. It’s silly. 

I have to disagree with you on this one.  The Berkshire throws are far superior to most generic throws you find elsewhere.  They are larger, and if washed as the instructions state, stay beautiful and cozy year after year.  I have four of these and can hardly keep from purchasing more.  The quality is superb.  They're lightweight but very warm.

And they most definitely can be found at the Maxx, Marshall's and Homegoods...

Yes, very available at the stores listed above, especially this time of year. We have a rather small, and not the greatest TJX in our area, and they always have tons of Berkshire blankets in all bed sizes, along with throws, and for less than you will pay here when the shipping is figured in. Usually, if you stop in often, you will find the finish and the color that will suit you too.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Adding in the s/h, these are under $15.00 a piece.  That seems like a good price to me but I'm not sure what the prices are for similar items out in stores.

I've seen Better Homes and Garden throws in WM for 8.88 and while for that price they are nice, they aren't as big as this nor are they as thick. 

I see throws prettier than today's TSV at TJX for about that price point. I bought my son's girlfriend a beautiful oversized one for Christmas this past week there, and I believe it was $16.99. 

Respected Contributor

I’m a baseball mom and can always use another one of these. I was happy with the price. I have neither nor the patience to peruse TJMaxx or other some such store looking for something that may or may not be there when I want it and in the color I want. If I pay a little extra for that convenience, so be it.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mominohio wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Adding in the s/h, these are under $15.00 a piece.  That seems like a good price to me but I'm not sure what the prices are for similar items out in stores.

I've seen Better Homes and Garden throws in WM for 8.88 and while for that price they are nice, they aren't as big as this nor are they as thick. 

I see throws prettier than today's TSV at TJX for about that price point. I bought my son's girlfriend a beautiful oversized one for Christmas this past week there, and I believe it was $16.99. 

I have too. Each to their own, but the choices offered here today seemed rather mundane compared to what I find while shopping out and about. Unlike mall shopping, I don't find ducking into TJ Maxx to be any big ordeal...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

A lot of chains have never located to Alaska. TJ Maxx is one of them.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have a few Bershire throws that are very nice but not sure about this one.  It looks sort of "hairy" to me.   The best one I bought was just recently when they had an oversized throw 60x80 H212246.  It is heavyweight for a throw and soft as can be.  I think they still have some left and at a good price of $19.56.

Respected Contributor

Traveler, I can totally see ordering if you live in a more remote area where there is fewer brick- mortar stores. If ya get it, hope ya live it., 

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I have too. Each to their own, but the choices offered here today seemed rather mundane compared to what I find while shopping out and about. Unlike mall shopping, I don't find ducking into TJ Maxx to be any big ordeal...

I know not everyone has a lot of shopping options, and that is why I like QVC, being able to see the products demonstrated and described is so much better than an online picture or two, so I get why they sell so many things here (heck, I think I bought half of what they sold all year!!). But there is so many options out there now. Something here is available in about a million other options out in brick and mortar and online. 

These throws were a great price for such an oversized blanket, but I predict there will be a lot of complaints in the reviews if the fluffy still sheds as bad as it did when they first introduced the line with the blankets a few years ago.

I received one as a gift, (two actually) and I tried to use them but they shed all over the bed, the floor, and when trying to use 'for movie night' in the family room, all over our clothing, the sofa and the dog!

Washing repeatedly according to the directions didn't do much to stop the shedding, so I donated them. 

I never had that happen with any other Berkshire throw I've purchased. Between the kind of sloppy look of the Fluffy, and it's shedding, I won't touch them with a 10 foot pole. Hopefully they got that shedding under control by now.

Contributor

I finally caved in after watching Berkshire presentations for years and ordered the burgundy/tan. I have chocolate recliners and I think the throws will look nice draped over them...and also for me and Lola (my little morkie) to snuggle up in Woman Happy

Children are the Rainbow of Life...Grandchildren are the Pot of Gold
Respected Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

I'm passing on this one for several reasons.

I have about a bazillion throws, it's kind of a weakness of mine.

I got the original fluffy blankets and I HATE them. They shed, and even with following all the washing/drying instructions, they don't look or feel nice over time. Perhaps they have improved them over the years, but I'm not going to take a chance, I prefer the velvet soft fabric and it holds up and looks like new after much use. 

I don't care for the colors they are offering this round either. 

For being this close to Christmas, I would think they might have chosen a better looking blanket, or better colors. 

I passed on the one recently with the sherpa as well, because I never met a sherpa I liked either, gets matted and hair and lint get woven in. 

Seems Berkshire's quality may be going away from what I saw in their products a few years ago. No trim on the blankets, cheap sherpa on one side....no thanks. Looking for something a little nicer.

Shedding is the problem I have encounted with my purchase of a Berkshire blanket .and what I had cost more than this for just one.  I was hoping that after washing and drying the shedding would cease for no such luck.  After putting up with it for a time because of  the cost, I finally just threw it away and won't a chance that a new one would be any better.