Valued Contributor

Sick of all the TSV facial stuff,  enough of the gadgets, creams, lotions, and everything having to do with all the skin stuff.  I can't understand how all the people can spend all that money on their bodies, I don't get it.

Respected Contributor

I so agree with you.  I bet you can buy wonderful products at your corner drug store for a lot less money.

And I have often wondered how can they say their product is the best and you should buy this one.  There are so many out there and promoted on TV at Q, they can't all be exactly what I need.

Honored Contributor

I like to try different things and have found some excellent products.  I gave up on drugstore products as I found I was just wasting my money on products that are just so so.  I like to take care of my body and like to feel the best I can so I don't settle for just so so and have actually saved money.  What works for some doesn't work for everyone in skin care/makeup products and it's great we all have so many choices available.   

Respected Contributor

@QuinnPenny wrote:

Sick of all the TSV facial stuff,  enough of the gadgets, creams, lotions, and everything having to do with all the skin stuff.  I can't understand how all the people can spend all that money on their bodies, I don't get it.

What would you like to see presented?  You might spend your money on a lot of eye shadow and I wouldn't understand why you need all of those colors?  

Honored Contributor

Every single thing they offer (competing brands) is "the best!".

Therein lies the reason I don't believe a thing they say about their beauty products.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

I stick with what works for me and don't try everything that comes down the pike.  I've been using the same shampoo for 20 years because I like the smell - I hope they never quit making it.  There may be a product out there that does something with my wrinkles and saggy skin, but I'm not about to spend hundreds of dollars to find it!  By the way, I swear by Skinn cosmetics and have been using Skinn for 10 years now.  My skin has never looked better!

Esteemed Contributor

Agreed!  Too many beauty products on.   I hate when they present them during the fashion shows (I like watching the fashions obviously) and they take up a good 30 minutes  of a 2 hour show!   I tend to go to pure products. I try to stay away from chemicals.   Wen, Josie Maran and 100% pure are great products, safe and work well for meSmiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@LindaSal wrote:

Agreed!  Too many beauty products on.   I hate when they present them during the fashion shows (I like watching the fashions obviously) and they take up a good 30 minutes  of a 2 hour show!   I tend to go to pure products. I try to stay away from chemicals.   Wen, Josie Maran and 100% pure are great products, safe and work well for meSmiley Happy

Agreed. I just immediately flip the channel the minute they add an OT product! If I'm watching a "cooking" (in quotes 'cause they don't cook anymore) show, I don't want to see mattresses presented. If I'm watching a cosmetic show, don't expect pots and pans to be presented. And, not knocking the product, but I'm soooo sick and tired of IT cosmetics that I immediately turn it off.

Don't know why QVC continuously does this. Why bother with program listings 'cause they don't follow them. If I turn on a news show the station doesn't air a comedy show! QVC just doesn't get it! Perhaps they sell a few tsv's or whatever, but they're losing many more customers. Used to always watch ITKWD and AM/PM Style. Now, totally lost interest on those shows also - find them painful to watch!

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

Every single thing they offer (competing brands) is "the best!".

Therein lies the reason I don't believe a thing they say about their beauty products.

It's called marketing.  They're there to sell products.  That's why it's called a shopping channel not a review channel.  Pretty much every commercial out there on regular tv touts their product as "the best".  I hate jewelry days and electronics days, so I just don't watch on those days.  I generally just check in during commercials anyways unless it's something or a line I'm particularly interested in.  

Valued Contributor

I watched Sandra present the TSV and all she talked about was how much money you are saving.  I think this TSV made their faces look shiny  and greasey.  Then they will have to sell you a product to take away the shine.  I won't buy any makeup product that they don't show putting it on live on the air.  They come on with an airbrushed face fully made up and pretend to put makeup on.  I won't buy skin care from Dr. Denese or anyone else who has had plastic surgery and then says their products cure all.