Valued Contributor

How long are the pads supposed to last? There are only 12 in the box and they are expensive if they don’t last a decent period of time. 

Respected Contributor

@Ilovetea wrote:

How long are the pads supposed to last? There are only 12 in the box and they are expensive if they don’t last a decent period of time. 

______

ITA!  I purchased only one set of the Eucalyptus and they were over $24.00 with shipping and tax.  I have no idea how long each one will last.  

What I plan to do is use them sparingly, and add in my own essential oils with a dropper as the pads get dry.  I think you have to have the pad in place or it will not dispense with the mist properly. 

Valued Contributor

I ended up doing the same.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Humidifier Aroma Pads

[ Edited ]

Aromatherapy pads are all made out of basically the same thing. A stiff, slightly absorbent felt. I would not pay that kind of money for those and I would want to be able to use my own essential oils on them. 

You can can buy the pads in many places. Buy larger ones and cut them to fit or try to approximate the size. Also doesn't matter if they are the same cut shape shown in the TSV presentation.

BB&B has a pack of 10 rectangular ones for $2.99

edited to remove picture of item from another retailer. Thought it might not be permitted.

Valued Contributor

you do not need the pads. I regret not having a humidifer last year and bought this one after it was a todays special. I bought one today for my living room. They are great you do not need one in every room but a bedroom and a living room is a must. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Humidifier Aroma Pads

[ Edited ]

You can buy a very inexpensive essential oil pad diffuser for less than $10. Make your own pads by cutting out pieces from craft felt then place the essential oil of your choice on them...CHEAP!Woman Happy

Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee

I have done that as well. I bought my daughter a couple of really pretty aromatherapy necklaces. I wanted her to have color choices and not just the white pad/ball that came with them. 

Bought colored felt at the craft store punched it into the correct circle size for the necklace that took flat pads. I bought small colored pom-poms for the necklace that took the round ball "pad".

She loves those necklaces because she likes the scent to be near her and she loved the addition of color because the necklaces are filigree and the color shows through.

Honored Contributor

Yes, @BirdieGal. I have a few of these locket necklaces and hang them all over my house. They sell the colored felt inserts pre-cut rounds and I use them in the lockets.  I bought a big bag of assorted colors for like around $3. The lockets aren't expensive either and they are all stainless steel. I love them.Woman Happy

download.jpg

Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee

I love that one. I don't know why I don't have one.

My daughter is a music major so these are the two I bought for her:

IMG_1335.JPG

Trusted Contributor

IMG_1336.JPG