Honored Contributor

Re: How would you like a toothbrush for a gift?

@gmkb wrote:

@Snowpuppy  The grocery gift card is pretty bad.  One year I got a lovely assortment of mustards to go with the new skillet.

@gmkb, I'm so laughing with this thread! Thanks a lot. But this one, was especially good and I just wanted to say when your book comes out re: presents, let me know, I want to get it. You sound like our next Erma Bombeck. I hope you know who she is.

Honored Contributor

Oh and the toothbrush, a toilet bowl cleaner in disguise?

Honored Contributor

Mazel tov!Cat Tongue

cat reaction toothbrush

Unless DH were a dentist, I would not find this practical nor funny.

Other battery operated gifts would be okay. Cat Wink

Esteemed Contributor

When we were dating DH bought me a carborator for my car.  He also installed it.  No complaints! 

Respected Contributor

First Christmas I was married husband gifted me with an electronic gadget....nah, not anything fun...an electric can opener.  And the festive Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook.  The next fall I presented him with a list to work from!

Esteemed Contributor

I feel bad for those that are bad gift givers....I am one...I am 74 and all the years of my life...I have never been any good at finding the right gift for each person...Try as I may...I stink when it comes to gifting..

One person....not family....told me .I don't want all this junk you buy me...that hurt...and was the end of the gift giving and the relationship...

Honored Contributor

hint that your dental hygiene is lacking?

good grief,

might be a cute gift for little kids, but adults borderline

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

Mazel tov!Cat Tongue

cat reaction toothbrush

Unless DH were a dentist, I would not find this practical nor funny.

Other battery operated gifts would be okay. Cat Wink

you get the gif award of the day ♥

Respected Contributor

@circles wrote:

I feel bad for those that are bad gift givers....I am one...I am 74 and all the years of my life...I have never been any good at finding the right gift for each person...Try as I may...I stink when it comes to gifting..

One person....not family....told me .I don't want all this junk you buy me...that hurt...and was the end of the gift giving and the relationship...

That was rude and mean of that person to say such a thing to you.  It's one thing to have an anonymous giggle here over less than great gifts....but to purposely hurt someone who was trying to please you is so wrong.  I always graciously accept a gift, and appreciate the spirit in which it is given.  

Merry Christmas to you, @circles

Respected Contributor

I have these tooth brushes and love them for travel. I stuck one in DS's Christmas sock that I did as a travel theme, and he later told me it was a favorite. Go figure...

My mother was never good at gift giving and my dad resented spending the money, so our presents were usually one item that we could use to do chores or needed for after-school jobs. For my 18th birthday my parents gave me a pair of yellow rubber gloves for washing dishes. And that was it. But by then I actually wasn't disappointed as I had had plenty of experience.