Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: How would you like a toothbrush for a gift?

@Mary Bailey wrote:

When we were dating DH bought me a carborator for my car.  He also installed it.  No complaints! 

@Mary Bailey  

I was in college and oh, so very very broke and the then DBF bought me an alternator for Christmas.

Was $200 just for the part & he installed it for me. He didn't expect anything from me that year. Just that I would return to class after break.

Honored Contributor

I requested a Phillips Sonic toothbrush one year for x-mas from my DH. 

These toothbrushes are nearly identical to the Violife Slim Sonic toothbrushes HSN sells.  They used to have a very good TS of them every year so I own several of them. Haven't seen them though in awhile.  

Honored Contributor

I don't think I'd ever give a toothbrush as a gift.  

I can't give components of cosmetic TSV's as gifts either.  My friends use other makeup lines and they'd want their gift in a box, lol.  The components would look like I just regifted stuff.  

I never understand the hosts talking about breaking up unboxed items in cosmetic tsv's and giving them as gifts. . It would totally look cheezy imo.

I do think the toothbrush would be ok, but I'd not gift it.  People would look at me and laugh, LOL.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@gmkb wrote:

@Snowpuppy  The grocery gift card is pretty bad.  One year I got a lovely assortment of mustards to go with the new skillet.

I'd love a grocery gift card!!  Yes, saving money on groceries I buy weekly--I'm down for that!

Honored Contributor

@AKgirl2 wrote:

I think it's a good stocking stuffer, as in TSV.

I agree--I can see it as a stocking stuffer--not as a real gift.

Occasional Contributor

I would be like seriously & are you trying to say something? LMAO

Regular Contributor

I think it would depend on who it is from and what the gift is. My mom put electric toothbrushes in our stockings a few years ago. One year my husband asked for one for Christmas because his was breaking. I don't think I would appreciate it being the only gift but I think a lof of folks buy multiple gifts and having something practical as one of them is not the end of the world.

New Contributor

Respected Contributor

@Iwantcoffee wrote:

@AKgirl2 wrote:

I think it's a good stocking stuffer, as in TSV.

In my opinion, only good if someone request a toothbrush for Christmas or you know the person well enough to know they would not be offended.

Everyone needs a toothbrush, and no one I know would be offended.  I wouldn't buy them as gifts per se, but I certainly wouldn't mind receiving a sonic toothbrush.  My son purchased a Phillips Sonic brush for me as a gift 4 years ago and I love it.  As a family, we started using sonic toothbrushes about 16 yrs. ago.

Occasional Contributor

That's the perfect response re: a wrapped up toothbrush!!!