Honored Contributor

Re: How much CoQ10 is enough?

@SilleeMee wrote:

@tsavorite 

I'd have to look at the bottle. If it says it contains ubiquinol then that is the one older people should be taking. There is a big price difference between ubiquinone and ubiquinol. Ubiquinol is expensive.

It sure is!

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@tsavorite 

I'd have to look at the bottle. If it says it contains ubiquinol then that is the one older people should be taking. There is a big price difference between ubiquinone and ubiquinol. Ubiquinol is expensive.

It sure is!

@geezerette 

It is indeed. But it's the most bioavailable form of the coenzyme and the body will use most of it. Whereas with ubiquinone you don't know how much of that will actually be absorbed, if any at all, depending on the circumstances.

Honored Contributor

@tsavorite wrote:

@SilleeMee  Went over to Costco's site....their store brand Kirkland and another brand Turnature have the active ingredient listed as Ubidecarenone.  WHAT is that??  

I know when I took the Qnol I felt nothing...no improvements or reactions just nothing.  

I have fatigue issues and the correct form of CoQ10 would be best as it helps the body with ATP production which is the energy in the cells of our bodies.  

Edit:  just googled this!

Is ubiquinone and ubidecarenone the same?
Ubiquinone and Ubidecarenone are different names for the same substance Coenzyme Q10 or CoQ10. Ubiquinone is a generic name. Ubidecarenone is the official name in the USP (United States Pharmacopeial Convention).

So AL's TSV and these other brands are the real deal!  Avoid Qunol brand LOL!

Edit again: Al's TSV and the other brands from Kirkland to Turnature have the cheap stuff and you must have the enzyme in your body working well to breakdown and absorb well.  LOL got it now.

@tsavorite 

When looking for CoQ10 make sure they use Kaneka brand. As far as I know that's what Andrew uses but he should put it on the label or use their seal?

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Icegoddess 

Ubiquinone is the same thing as CoQ10. Ubiquinol is the metabolite (broken down and bioavailable) form of ubiquinone.

@SilleeMee it's Ubiquinol, I just checked the bottle.

Honored Contributor

Ths is what I get from Costco.  It's the Qunol brand, not the Kirkland brand.  I don't put much faith in AL.  I caught him in an incorrect statement back this summer, I think it was about Biotin.  He had added something to his Biotin supplement and was claiming that the Biotin needed that additon to work properly when it's the opposite.  The addition needs Biotin to work properly, but too much of that addition would interfere with the Biotin.  

Qunol Front.jpg 

Qunol Label.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

I started taking Co-Q10 years ago and credit it with getting me out of the periodontist's chair.  I think at that time I was taking 200, but switched to 100 when I started taking Qunol which is Ubiquinol and, therefore, absorbed better.  I haven't had any deterioration in my dental health which was never good to begin with, but mostly now it's crowns not gum disease.  I am now on a statin and my doctor does recommend taking it.

From what I understand, the ubiquinol absorbs faster, but I think, what's the hurry? I can pay less and my coq10 will still absorb-just takes a little longer.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Judaline wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

I started taking Co-Q10 years ago and credit it with getting me out of the periodontist's chair.  I think at that time I was taking 200, but switched to 100 when I started taking Qunol which is Ubiquinol and, therefore, absorbed better.  I haven't had any deterioration in my dental health which was never good to begin with, but mostly now it's crowns not gum disease.  I am now on a statin and my doctor does recommend taking it.

From what I understand, the ubiquinol absorbs faster, but I think, what's the hurry? I can pay less and my coq10 will still absorb-just takes a little longer.

@Judaline 

In this case, absorbed ‘better’, doesn’t mean ‘faster’, it means more of it is available to be absorbed.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@Judaline wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

@Judaline 

In this case, absorbed ‘better’, doesn’t mean ‘faster’, it means more of it is available to be absorbed.

I wonder if in a normal CBC blood test they can do a CoQ10 level?
Honored Contributor

@Judaline 

A CBC is a particular kind of blood test in itself and a CBC doesn't have anything to do with CoQ10.  There is a blood test for CoQ10 which checks for CoQ10 levels in the blood.

Respected Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

@tsavorite wrote:

@SilleeMee  Went over to Costco's site....their store brand Kirkland and another brand Turnature have the active ingredient listed as Ubidecarenone.  WHAT is that??  

I know when I took the Qnol I felt nothing...no improvements or reactions just nothing.  

I have fatigue issues and the correct form of CoQ10 would be best as it helps the body with ATP production which is the energy in the cells of our bodies.  

Edit:  just googled this!

Is ubiquinone and ubidecarenone the same?
Ubiquinone and Ubidecarenone are different names for the same substance Coenzyme Q10 or CoQ10. Ubiquinone is a generic name. Ubidecarenone is the official name in the USP (United States Pharmacopeial Convention).

So AL's TSV and these other brands are the real deal!  Avoid Qunol brand LOL!

Edit again: Al's TSV and the other brands from Kirkland to Turnature have the cheap stuff and you must have the enzyme in your body working well to breakdown and absorb well.  LOL got it now.

@tsavorite 

When looking for CoQ10 make sure they use Kaneka brand. As far as I know that's what Andrew uses but he should put it on the label or use their seal?

@Nightowlz  Actually he doesn't use Kaneka Ubiquinol....he is using the cheaper less absorbed Ubiquinone.  It's right on the back of the label.  I was surprised about this too but now that I have it straight I will be picking up Quinol from Costco which is on sale until the 24th of this month with the best highly absorbable Kaneka Ubiquinol.