Trusted Contributor

How Do You Use Your Echo Spots?

[ Edited ]
  • Tell me one way you use it or something you've discovered about it.  I will do the same for you when I figure it outSmiley Happy
Esteemed Contributor

Re: How Do You Use Your Echo Spots?

Good  morning! Very easy to set up with a Iphone a fire or a tablet, I use mine for a alarm to wake me up in the morning and to give me the news and the weather and the travel news for my way in to the office. Alexa changes every day and she plays games and gives information from the cloud and she sings songs and reminds me to pick up certain things I may forget on my list for food shopping, of course you have to set it up on the Alexa application once you do that you good to go. [Oh also you have to set up your wifi connection with Alexa too]. 

Valued Contributor

I had an Echo Dot - but now I have replaced my bedside alarm clock with the Spot.  I use it the same way I used the Dot- but having the screen gives me the clock.   Some of the things I do with it - is to turn lights on and off,  get the weather,  play my music using MyMediaFor Alexa -  bluetoothed to my Bose speaker,   add things to my grocery shopping list. 

Esteemed Contributor

I have a DOT.  Haven't connected it yet.  Do either of you use the "call" feature?  If so what is it connected to?  I have an Android phone.

I was thinking of it as a security measure in case of an emergency!  Can you "Alexa, call 911 or a person"   It shows that feature in an ad but doesn't explain it.

I also have the "hands free" Alexa on my Fire 10.  I really would like to learn to use it more.

Frequent Contributor

i use the call feature everyday.  i connected it to my iphone. very simple.  i am sure it is the same way with an android.  i watched a youtube video and it showed me how.  

go to youtube and watch videos on all the things you want to do and it is very easy.  

i have a dot in almost every room in my house.  they are great

Esteemed Contributor

@mpobs  Thank you for guiding me in the right direction.  Looking forward to connecting up now!