Esteemed Contributor

Re: How About The Vitamix?

[ Edited ]

@Goldengate8361 I don't have one abd don't want or need one.  At least it's not an HP computer

Trusted Contributor

@Sweet Kitties wrote:

Most blenders are loud, but Vitamix is ear-piercingly loud! QVC has you covered though. They sell Lexi by Bose hearing aids. They work very well for correcting the hearing loss incured by Vitamix. 

I wish they sold the silencer cabinets that they use on the demo shows! I love my vitamix but have put it away because it is so noisy. . . it scares the living daylights out of the cats. My nutribullet is noisy too but it doesn't bother they as much so it must be the pitch of the sound.

Critter Lover! (especially cats!)
Valued Contributor

@Sweet Kitties wrote:

Most blenders are loud, but Vitamix is ear-piercingly loud! QVC has you covered though. They sell Lexi by Bose hearing aids. They work very well for correcting the hearing loss incured by Vitamix. 

Yet another example of a loud product (that has been a TSV already 20X) that the host and vendor rep need to screech over.

If I didn't know better I'd swear they were trying to alienate "viewers." 

Valued Contributor

@Meowingkitty wrote:

@Angeldrawers wrote:

doesn't everyone have one or maybe 2?

Well, you could put one or two in your gift closet.

And one for the teacher and the bus driver and your mail carrier....

Respected Contributor

I think this is a "legacy" model ( first of the kind offered on QVC..by thier own little video in today's presentation....)

If you want one of TODAY'S TSV...be sure to measure the height of your cabinets because it looks to me like this is the very tall container they first came out with...

They have now gone to shorter containers so it WILL fit under the cabinet...probably due to customer suggestions....

Just a thought. I have one ( I fell for it I admit...) Yes it works well, but YES it IS loud, and I don't use it enough to have justified the purchase. I never made soup. Easier to open a can !!!

Mine IS this model, an it's about 1/2" too tall to fit beneath the cabinets without taking that plug out of the top to store it.

Enjoy if you got it!!!

Respected Contributor

Re: How About The Vitamix?

[ Edited ]

@jackiejenny 

I think a LOT of gadgets, gimmicks and gizmos sold with long warranties today are sold that way because....

They KNOW when the first blush wears off, it's going under the cabinet with all the rest of the wonder machines that "make life easier" then you find out the truth......so there's no chance of it ever being claimed for warranty work!!!

Or it goes the other way...the stuff is so cheaply made, they barely eke out a 90 day warranty!!! 

Most  celebrity endorse gimmicky air fryers and other wonder small electric appliances are in this cohort....Even THEY know it won't be used past about 10 times...then into the cabinet or the basement, before the yard sale...

Just my opinion. YMMV!!!

Honored Contributor

I don't have one either. I'm tempted but cabinet height wise, it wouldn't work for me and I don't even use the blender I have. But still...nah, I'll pass. 

Honored Contributor

I haven't used mine a single time in the past year, probably longer.  Wish I had my money back.  Any good blender is fine for smoothies, the extent of my blending.  I use my old Oster, which I can put in the dishwasher if I wish.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

We have had one for years . Don't remember where we got it , but was recommended by a doctor that was giving nutritional classes . Was great for smoothies , l took it to work a few times and made smoothies for the staff .  Haven't used it lately , smoothies have too much sugar ! 

Respected Contributor

Several years ago I was unfortunately drawn into purchasing one the the Vitamix models and I feel that I made a big mistake.  I don't think I've used it more than a half dozen times.  

It's too large to fit under my cabinets so I have to keep it in a closet. It's so loud that it almost rattles the house.  I'm not someone who loves to cook so I really don't use it for making meals.  The only two things I used it for was to make margaritas and a few smoothies.  

I could kick myself for not buying just a regular blender.  That's really all I needed.  I did find a small little mixer on Amazon that we now use for smoothies.  I believe the price was under $40.00.  It works just fine for our needs.

I've now learned to just say no to all of these gadgets.   The only item that I still use on a semi-regular basis is my bread machine.  I do feel that it wasn't a wasted purchase.  

It's so easy to fall into the trap of buying all of these gadgets while watching the hosts tell you how much you will use them and how easy they will make your life.

On occasion I have been at Costco while a Vitamix rep is demonstrating their product and I see everyone gathered around while they push the value of this machine.  I always wonder how many will purchase and then regret their decision once they get the machine home.