Esteemed Contributor

Hour long presentations of one item??

I like the TSV, but are we going to have to watch hour long presentations of a Christmas tree? Its also pretty expensive. We purchased ours at Costco for much less, just as nice. I like the holiday shows, but an hour long presentation for one item is bo-ring!!

Honored Contributor

Re: Hour long presentations of one item??

I don't like hour long presentations of any items but I guess it's better than an hour long mattress or computer presentation.  LOL

Honored Contributor

I don't mind full presentations like that at all.

If it is something I am interested in, I want ALL the details.  I usually find it informative.

If I am not interested, I have an hour to watch/do something else.

Not everyone has access to big giant stores and many do not wish to shop around now even if they do.

With the holiday SELLING season in full swing, we can expect this to be the norm.  I just figure the purpose of this channel is to sell things, not entertain me.

Esteemed Contributor

They seem to run out of things to say long before a hour is over.  Too much for me.

Honored Contributor

That's the MO.  You should know that by now.

Honored Contributor

If I am here in the TV room where I do most of my typing, I make a kinda game out of these 'presentations'.

I get a kick out of listening for how many times the hosts say the same thing over and over.

Not busting on anyone, I actually am impressed at how interesting they can make over and over talking about any item.

So, let's see, they can't eat any of the food or drink....so that's out (taking up time) and how much can you stretch out talking about a Christmas tree and a computer ....let's not forget everyone's favorite TSV...come on ladies...you can do it....OK, I will have to say it..."try talking about a freaking pillow for one full hour AFTER you've talked about it at least for a few minutes during the other 2 hours you've presented it.

If I was working there as a host....well....I'd love the pillow and/or the mattress presentations.  Here's what I'd do....I'd say, "These pillows are so gosh darn fluffy and wonderful"...then I'd say, "Here!  Let me show you how they caress the head and neck...here let me show you (as I'm slowly lowering my bodacious body on the mattress)...then I'd close my eyes and sleep for the next 55 minutes.

Mattress?  Well I'd do exactly the same thing as the pillow except I'd exchange pillow for mattress...

Hummm....how long would I have that jobby job!Smiley Happy

QVC announcer would say, "We are having technical difficulties...Carolyn will be taking over".

In the meantime as the camera switches over to Carolyn and her squirrely squirel...a very strong individual would be lifting that bodacious body of mine off of the mattress and/or pillow and plunking the above mentioned body on the outside of the QVC doors.  

Then my cell phone would ring and it's THE MISTER QVC and he'd say, "Your check is in the mail...heh! heh!"

The check would never show up but a bill from QVC saying "You are hereby fired...sucka'"

Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66   That was so funny!!!  LOL

Honored Contributor

Starting at Halloween, I don't even do channel checks on QVC.  I'm not remotely interested in the same boring products they sell year after year.  Only someone with reduced mental capacity would sit and listen to someone talk about a tree for an hour.  I save money at Christmas.  Mike George ought to be ashamed at what they offer and their programming.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

For me, it is that the TSV (one product) is on for one whole hour but then - before and after - that hour the TSV is shown many times during other shows. TSV overkill!! 

I realize they are trying to catch people at all times, but maybe just present once every hour and half for 20 minutes. That would catch anyone trying to get info on TSV!!! 

Trusted Contributor

@Effie54    I agree!  I rarely watch QVC that much anymore, but in this case, change the channel.  You have better things to do than watch a hour presentation of any item at all.