Trusted Contributor

Re: Hoover Floormate Deluxe Hard Floor Cleaner

I have a floormate and I like it ok. I use it monthly on my tile floors. I use a steam mop the other weeks.

Con: it is big and heavy and I have to carry it to the basement to store it.

Pros: the brush action really is good for cleaning. It is relatively easy to use, but takes longer than just using a steam mop.

Hoover sells their own cleaner to use in the floormate. Has anyone tried using another (cheaper) brand?

Honored Contributor

Amazon has it for $136, eligible for free prime shipping.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

On 5/5/2014 kachina624 said: Amazon has it for $136, eligible for free prime shipping.

I believe QVC is selling it for the same price with freeS&H. Also I think it's on several easy pays,which helps. This new model weighs less than the previous one.

Frequent Contributor

They just had this last week or so as the TS on HSN. It was $99.00 and free shipping. I don't know what bells and whistles QVC is adding. But I bought it from HSN. Seeing the price at the Q I'm glad I did. I don't need extra bottles of soap or whatever the Q is throwing in to jack up the price.

My two daughters each own one of these and really like how it cleans. Does a great job on tile, linoleum and they also have hard wood. Can't wait to get mine.

HTH

Frequent Contributor

My sister had one that was a TS on HSN, she didn't like the vacuum part of it and the water Containers. She has since bought the new one and likes it so much better, so I am going to order the TSV tomorrow I can't wait to get it. I would rather clean with brushes then a microfiber pad. I tried the haan steam mop and hated it.
Honored Contributor

On 5/5/2014 gogirlfriend said: My sister had one that was a TS on HSN, she didn't like the vacuum part of it and the water Containers. She has since bought the new one and likes it so much better, so I am going to order the TSV tomorrow I can't wait to get it. I would rather clean with brushes then a microfiber pad. I tried the haan steam mop and hated it.

I also don't like the mocrofiber pads. I have a Shark that I actually bought disposible pads for. I don't like the idea of putting the pads through my washing machine. This model has two separate tanks and is also lighter in weight. I'm going to order, I hope I like it!

Frequent Contributor

I was going to order this from the website, then I saw QVC was going to have it, I wanted to see what they were going to offer. I see its in 3 different colors, and it is a little cheaper then the website but every dollar helps and I like the free shipping that's saves $18.00. Like I said my sister liked it so much she bought her daughter one for Christmas and she also likes it too.

Honored Contributor

On 5/5/2014 kidznpupz said:

They just had this last week or so as the TS on HSN. It was $99.00 and free shipping. I don't know what bells and whistles QVC is adding. But I bought it from HSN. Seeing the price at the Q I'm glad I did. I don't need extra bottles of soap or whatever the Q is throwing in to jack up the price.

My two daughters each own one of these and really like how it cleans. Does a great job on tile, linoleum and they also have hard wood. Can't wait to get mine.

HTH

Was the one on HSN the Floormate or Floormate Deluxe? I bet it was just the Floormate and they were getting rid of an old model. They do that a lot.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Contributor

Had a Hoover Floormate that vacuumed and then cleaned my floors. Came with 2 separate brushes, the cleaners and all but I thought it was more work then it was worth and after many garage sales, could not unload this item. Ended up donating to Salvation Army. Paid quite a bit for it - another lesson to be learned. Didn't really see any difference from just using a microfiber mop. Another gadget...
Contributor

The TSV Hoover Floor Mate offered on HSN was their old model and the way special price seemed to reflect that. This is their new, shiny model.

Unfortunately, their new model doesn't do something that their old model did - vacuum your floors before washing them. They've replaced it with "scrub mode".

I read the manual (available online from the product page) and, yes, it recommends vacuuming hardwood floors before scrubbing with this product. Their old model had a "vacuum" mode that was to be used before scrubbing. This one doesn't.

You can see from the product demo that it was only wet or sticky messes cleaned. Most of us have an assortment of stuff on our floors from crumbs to pet hair to dried on schmuck. Dragging out a broom or vacuum cleaner before washing our floors is what we already do and with the maintenance required for this machine ( described in the manual for after every use), it doesn't seem worth the effort and expense.

The shiny new floor mate isn't an improvement. It's going backwards without a vacuum mode.

We must be the change we want to see. M. Gandhi.