Occasional Contributor

Just recveived my TSV order of the Honeybells.  They are just plain awful!  So sour....yuck!

Going right back!  What a waste of time!

Honored Contributor

@caseybum So sorry yours were not as great as mine were. 

Suggest you contact Customer Service. Not sure they want food back; they may just reimburse you for your purchase.

Respected Contributor

@caseybum:  If you are not satisfied with a food item, you don't have not return the food. Just call Customer Service and tell them you aren't pleased. They will refund your money. 

Respected Contributor

I believe Whole Foods carries Mineola Tangelos but I am not sure they are precisely the same thing as Honeybells. What distnguishes the honey bell is a very thin rind hence lots of juice inside.

Respected Contributor
I ordered my Honey bells and they are scheduled to arrive this week. We just got an arctic plunge in the Northeast and I am concerned the extreme cold could damage the Honey bells. Does anyone have experience with shipping the honey bells when temperatures are sub freezing ?
Esteemed Contributor

Harry & David bought Cushman’s.  We have large Minneola Tangelos, which is what honeybells are.  I googled it since they can’t ship to AZ.

Honored Contributor

Re: Honeybelles

[ Edited ]

@barrel racer Thanks for that information about Cushman's being bought by H&D. I wondered why mine arrived in an H&D box. 

By the way, how is your mother? I believe you were going to visit her this month and you were concerned about her health. Hope she is doing better. Heart

Valued Contributor

I've had some bad ones but this year I bought from HSN and they are sweet and juicy and don't have too many seeds.  I bought cuties from Costco and going to pitch them out.  No flavor whatsoever. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Honeybelles Good This Year

[ Edited ]

Slightly small but sweet and juicy. Getting 4-5 oz. of juice from each.Just learned Harry & David gives AARP discount.

Respected Contributor
The honeybells are getting very poor reviews this year. Many people are complaining about very little taste. Mine arrived scarred and one had a black mark that penetrated the flesh of the honeybell. I'm disappointed but figured maybe the weather had something to do with it.