Valued Contributor

by return i mean they refunded my money.........just cancelled the order anyway.. cara cara are here in my store. so much better.

Honored Contributor

@Travone wrote:

Am I missing something?  Aren't these $24.99 at QVC?  I buy them at the grocery store for $3.99.  They are delicious.....can't believe the Q's could be that much better.

often times i have found that ordering fruit from orchards or fruit sellers is a much better option, especially this time of the year. the product is far superior.

pittman and davis has had EXCELLENT comice pears (which are extremely difficult to find), navel oranges, and ruby red grapefruits this winter so far. i dont mind paying extra for a superior product.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

They don’t ship to Arizona so I went online to google.  Found out Cushman’s sold to another company.  Reviews are only 3 stars.  Anyway, found out Honeybells are Minneola Tangeleos which are at my Safeway every year. Personally I prefer the smaller ones, to me they are sweeter than the large.  $24.99 is real high for 6-8. 

Trusted Contributor

I think a lot of people believe that QVC is the only place you can buy Honeybelles.  I suspect that if they knew that they also are really  tangelos or mineolas they make think otherwise.  You can buy these at most any grocery store right now at much much better prices.

Frequent Contributor
I bought them prior and they were sour. I’m not buying these anymore .
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I just received my 18-pound order of the Florida Honeybells. This was an auto-delivery order from last year. I love these and find them to be very juicy, flavorful, and already have another order on the way.

The description included in the box says Cushman's HoneyBells are a "rare cross between a Dancy tangerine and a Duncan grapefruit." I have never heard of a Dancy tangerine and I have never been a grapefruit fan, but the combination of these two is something I really like.

I understand that the first orders went out to those of us who were on auto-delivery from last year, so I don't know if anyone else has gotten theirs yet and has a different review.

I'm a happy customer of Cushman's fruit!

Occasional Contributor

Since i live here in Florida, you can usually find them at local produce market & they are way cheaper......Don't know why they jack the price up, locally they sale for about $1.00 a piece.

Honored Contributor

@Walt6838 Shipping is probably a big factor. They were packed with a lot of cushioning, seemed to be cool packs (not the regular ice packs, but padded), each orange is individually wrapped, and then each layer (I had three layers in the box) is also well padded. It was two-day shipping. 

As one who lives on the West Coast, I was very happy to get these and the price was not a problem for me. There are oranges where I live, but these are not oranges that were shipped, so it was a nice juicy treat.

The name on the outside of the box and on the card inside says Harry & David. I have gotten pears from them and also had them send fruit to relatives and they have always done a good job. The recipients have really liked things from Harry & David.

Honored Contributor

I bought a bag of small naval oranges recently that were very sweet and juicy but totally unexotic.  I couldn't ask for better.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

As I mentioned on another thread about Honeybelles, I took a bunch to work today to share with my coworkers. One guy actually squealed when he went to peel it. It was so juicy it spritzed all over him when he peeled it open. He was totally amazed at how juicy and sweet it was. I got out a knife for the rest of the group.

I did, however, put out a sign by the fruit to let them know that they are part tangerine and part grapefruit, because some people are on medication that prevents them from having grapefruit, which could be detrimental to them. Everyone thought they were some kind of orange, so I thought I should have some kind of warning.