Honored Contributor

Re: Honest question - who uses body makeup and why?

@lizzief 

Honest answer......

People w/a serious case of Vitiligo

and........

You never know!  Good example of never judge a book by its cover real or unreal.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhKy5xHYoMI

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

I don't use it but it might help cover tan lines, tats or other things you want covered temporarily for maybe a special occasion or photo shoot. It's not something I would ever use daily.

Respected Contributor

To me, the bottom line is that some women are uncomfortable with uneven skin tone, spots, scars, etc. and some aren't. I fall into the latter category when it come to my body. I'm ok with my "flaws" and signs of old age being visible. On my face though, I do like some coverage. Everyone is different. Not better or worse, just different in how they want to be perceived. 

Harmonize the World
Esteemed Contributor

@MezzieStarr wrote:

I've been using Sally Hansen Airbrushed legs for probably 20 years or more. It gives my legs a little color and covers any imperfections. 

I wear it throughout shorts/dress season. My legs just look better using it.  Takes seconds to spray on.

lg_airbrush-legs®_beige-glow_1.jpeg

Hi @MezzieStarr  .. is this easy to apply?   Does it rub off on your clothes?   How long does it last once it is applied?     TIA   BC

Occasional Contributor

I purchased the IT TSV. I am excited to try it out. Will it use it daily? Absolutely not. Will I use it on special occasions? Yes.

I've used Westmore Beauty Body Coverage Perfector in the past & hope to like this product just as much. It's nice to have something to cover spider veins on my legs or uneven tan lines when I'm dressing up. The option of it. 

Beauty is such a strange thing. I love make up - it's such a fun form of expression for me. But I would never consider botox for myself. No judgement for anyone who does - it's just my boundary. When I process through that, why would makeup be any better than botox? It's not. We all have personal boundaries of what is "too far" in the name of beauty. My sister spends an hour on her hair every day, and I might spend 3 minutes. It makes her happy - she loves her hair. At the end of the day, whatever makes you feel beautiful inside. 

Trusted Contributor

@Boehm Collector I usually spray it in my hands and rub it over my legs like a spray lotion. Sometimes I've just sprayed it directly down the center of my legs and worked it in that way.

I've never noticed any major transfer to clothing though it might, perhaps, if you're wearing something white. It will wash out easily though. Once applied it dries very quickly and I don't even feel like I have anything on my skin. 

I usually have it on for 8 to 12 hours and it looks as good at hour one as it does on hour 12.  Washes off in the shower, no problem.

There's many YouTube videos you can check out to see a demonstration and get some more reviews.

It only costs between 10 and 15 bucks.  Again, I've been using it since I was in my 20s and it's worked great for me. 

If you're interested, I'd say give it a try.

Esteemed Contributor

@MezzieStarr wrote:

@Boehm Collector I usually spray it in my hands and rub it over my legs like a spray lotion. Sometimes I've just sprayed it directly down the center of my legs and worked it in that way.

I've never noticed any major transfer to clothing though it might, perhaps, if you're wearing something white. It will wash out easily though. Once applied it dries very quickly and I don't even feel like I have anything on my skin. 

I usually have it on for 8 to 12 hours and it looks as good at hour one as it does on hour 12.  Washes off in the shower, no problem.

There's many YouTube videos you can check out to see a demonstration and get some more reviews.

It only costs between 10 and 15 bucks.  Again, I've been using it since I was in my 20s and it's worked great for me. 

If you're interested, I'd say give it a try.

@MezzieStarr .. thank you so much for your reply.  Much appreciated.  I will definitely give it a try!

Honored Contributor

The only place I would possible use some would be on my legs if they were exposed at all... I have bad vericose veins and never show my legs at all... only wear long crop pants .  

Respected Contributor

Maybe dancers, actors, other performers use it.

Respected Contributor

I wouldn't mind  using this  when I wear a dress to church in the summer. My legs are white as ghosts and can't go without my sheer nylons,  but this would work.  I'm going to try this.  Never really thought about body make up besides my face.