Contributor

I ordered four sets of the plug in scents and love the fall scents but I am very unhappy that I cant get refills now.  What was the point of them if you can get refills.

Respected Contributor

Re: Homeworx by Slatkin TSV on Feb 6

I purchased some of the plug ins from this new line and they went back.  His original line when he was on QVC and with B&BW was wonderful.  This time around was a disappointment.  I still have at least 40 candles from his original line that are incredible.  I also have some of his original plug ins and tea lights.

It's a shame that he was not more meticulous about the quality of Homeworx.

Honored Contributor

I think he may have farmed his manufacturing out to yet another company overseas...I have been having a hard time finding any candle...any brand...that has any scent that you can detect from more than a few inches....Slatkin seems to be the same way now. 

Trusted Contributor

wrote:

I ordered four sets of the plug in scents and love the fall scents but I am very unhappy that I cant get refills now.  What was the point of them if you can get refills.

Guess the bright side is money saved, as many had no fragrance unless you stood over top of them.  Odd , the first two plug ins I used were the only two out of both  the Holiday and Fall options that had much fragrance.

You'll find my heart at the Rainbow Bridge. Smiley Sad
Contributor

really surprised by all the negative comments on the Homeworx 3 wick candles...I purchased about 6 sets of the fall and holiday scents last year and not one disappointed.  I don't want my house to smell like a candle factory...just a subtle scent throughout  the rooms...that is exactly what his candles did.  Looking forward to the 2/6 TSV...just purchased the pineapple colada set he had on 1/25...I'm sure it will smell great

Trusted Contributor

@lulai, I totally argee! I love all the ones I ordered. I have plenty for awhile now!

Regular Contributor

Harry will have his dessert candles as the QVC2 Big deal tonight.  Set of two triple wicks and two choices. They can be purchased now as they are on the Homeworx page.  Still don't know what the TSV will be on the 6th. 

Respected Contributor

Can't stand this vendor - rambling on and on. Overpriced IMO even as a special. He claims he bakes.  I am not buying it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I purchasesd two sets (two candles in each set) of his 3-wick candles.  Three of the four candles are excellent!  Sadly, one of them, the Fig/Currant, was a total waste.  It did not throw scent at all, in fact I had to stand directly over it to smell anything.  The scent was a timid version of the description and sales pitch.  Even lit, it had minimal scent. The other three scents were and still are absolutely wonderful.

I will wait for reviews before purchasing anymore of his candles.  

Esteemed Contributor

My holiday purchases from Harry were extensive and  was pleased with all of them.

Just checked Harry's page and all the prices were higher.

QVC will let all of his Christmas stuff sit in a hot warehouse all summer and charge more at CIJ event and November events.

Note to self.

" Do not buy any Christmas items from Homeworx this upcoming season."