Respected Contributor

Homedics Shiatsu TSV Dec 9 - WARNING!

I received mine and have used it.  Today I'm looking through the pamphlet that comes with it.  It reads on page 4 "Attention California Residents:  WARNING:  This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects and other reproductive harm".  SERIOUSLY!  WHY DO THEY SELL THESE PRODUCTS?  BACK IT GOES!!!!! 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Homedics Shiatsu TSV Dec 9 - WARNING!

Google Proposition 65- this warning is on almost everything. I noticed it's on a lot of items with plastic electric cords. 

Esteemed Contributor

I am not trying to minimize your concerns, but I have received that warning several times from QVC and HSN, on certain products.

Honored Contributor

Seriously -  I assume there have no new cancer cases in CA for years and years.  Everything they sell carries that warning.

And yet, I've never heard Californians are any healthier than the rest of us.  They might look younger becasue they spend more on plastic surgery than the rest of us, but they are not healthier.

So, seriously, if I wanted that product, I'd buy it with nary a qualm.

Frequent Contributor

These warnings are on anything and everything you buy. They need to cover their b**t. Also many places you go to they will have this sign.  Disneyland is one of them. I would not worry. 

Esteemed Contributor

@millieshops

Hey no picking on us Californians. (smile)

Respected Contributor

I agree with others.....nearly everything carries that warning. In particular, nearly all products that have a cord or wires will have that warning.  If you got rid of everything that has the warning, your housecwpoiuld be nearly empty.  I wouldn't worry about it and would keep the product.  If you are concerned, then you should also get rid of tvs, toasters, vacuums, lamps, plug-in clocks and radios.....the list goes on and on.  If you want to know more, do some reading about Prop 65.   CA is the only state that has adopted such a prop.  

Respected Contributor

@nomless wrote:

I agree with others.....nearly everything carries that warning. In particular, nearly all products that have a cord or wires will have that warning.  If you got rid of everything that has the warning, your housecwpoiuld be nearly empty.  I wouldn't worry about it and would keep the product.  If you are concerned, then you should also get rid of tvs, toasters, vacuums, lamps, plug-in clocks and radios.....the list goes on and on.  If you want to know more, do some reading about Prop 65.   CA is the only state that has adopted such a prop.  

@nomless - not being from Indiana I wasn't aware of the California Prop 65 - I was wondering why the warning would only be for California.  Thanks.

Respected Contributor

@icezeus wrote:

@millieshops

Hey no picking on us Californians. (smile)

But you guys are crazy! Smiley Wink

Hubby is born and raised Californian. 

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*