Honored Contributor

Home Reflections TSV sheets..Why aren't they...

showing the elastic in these?

I'm guessing it isn't very good, very thick/wide or 'enclosed'. 

I'd like them to show the elastic on the fitted sheets. Just saying it goes all the way around doesn't really help with what quality it is.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Home Reflections TSV sheets..Why aren't they...

There were a large number of reviews stating these sheets piled last year.  Polyester in sheets is known for doing that.  I'm going to stay away from them.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Personally, I stay away from all sheets and cases that aren't 100% cotton.  I am also fussy where they are made and where the cotton is grown.  I know iknow. Supima is top of my list, as supima is grown only in the US.  I pay more, but it makes a difference to me. Jmho

Honored Contributor

I got these about a year ago (the turquoise/teal color) and though they did cover my queen size topped with a mattress topper bed, I didn't find them to be soft. They were always kind of stiff and scratchy. And I did not find they get softer with each washing.They do not have that kind of elastic corner that stretches a lot.

I did like the darker color side but the other side just looks faded. They don't need ironing though.

I gave the top sheet away and keep the fitted for a couch cover when family sleeps over.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Valued Contributor

I don't like any sheets that aren't 100% cotton. Wouldn't consider anything less than 450 thread count or above. My personal favorite are Ralph Lauren or Grand Patrician jacquard Egyptian cotton. Polyester in sheets reminds me of the crunchy kids sheets on twin beds from years ago. 

Esteemed Contributor

I also never heard how deep the fitted sheet was.  I don't remember seeing it on line in the description but maybe I missed it.

I also remember the reviews as being average to poor.  I passed on them.