Honored Contributor

Re: Holiday TSV

[ Edited ]

@BeeChee wrote:

I am UTTERLY at a loss as to how those in charge see (Q)VALUE(C) in this TSV.  PEOPLE, PEOPLE, THINK.  So this is the BEST you could do for a TSV was to give us free shipping???

The regular QVC price will be $154.00-$124.96= a savings of $29.04

Savings on the item $29.04 - $25.97 shipping = $3.07

And not even a buy more, save?  Or a buy more then one, break on shipping?  I had two in my cart until it hit me that I was paying $51.94 in shipping.  I CANNOT get past that!

Sorry QVC, your loss!  I am sure I am not the only 25+ year customer that feels this was!

Sorry, your example does not make a good comparison to me.  The regular QVC price will be $154, plus S&H.  The TSV is $125, plus the same S&H.  So cancel out the S&H, and the TSV is a savings of about $30.  Yes, perhaps QVC could have slashed the S&H, or reduced it in half for the TSV.  But the $3.07 is not a correct comparison.

Now to really compare — find this same metal, over 4’ tall illuminated figure someplace else.  The closest I found was JC Penney for over $600.  Others online are tacky looking, smaller, and all wooden, so no placing them outside.  By the way, JC Penney’s S&H for their nutcracker alone is $125.  Grandin Road’s cost $429, plus $20 S&H.

That’s the comparison to determine if it’s what you want and if it’s a deal to you.  I am not going to miss out on something I really want, without doing the real comparison of what I can get elsewhere, plus their S&H.  Unless I can drive across the street to pick it up myself, today’s $25 still makes the total price a good deal for what the item is, in my opinion.  It’s all about the total bottom line to me. 

Respected Contributor

I worked at a Christmas store years ago. I love Santa’s and Snowman. Nutcrackers no. One was really big and I knocked it over and thought if I have to pay for this sucker I am out of here. Thankfully the owner and I were friendly and I didn’t have to pay for it. We sold many. They are a favorite. 

Esteemed Contributor

I think it would have been more attractive if the shipping...or half of it...had just been added to the price and another easy pay added.  The shipping alone is more than the easy pay payment.

Keepin' it real.
Esteemed Contributor

I am so glad that I have finally reached the point that I don't want any more Christmas items for my home.  I do have a beautiful collection of nutcrackers that I got in Germany and the TSV at one time would have been something that I would love to have.  However, the shipping charge is outrageous, no matter from where it is being shipped.  Not my idea of a TSV.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Super Contributor

Well, I guess I'm in the minority, but I don't think the shipping charges are that surprising for something 52" and 20 pounds. It's big and heavy! 

Esteemed Contributor

I did get the tabletop version of the nutcracker.  (I like the size better than the TSV.)

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

I truly abhor CIJ.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Super Contributor

They are nice but the shipping was just too high for me, and then the storage issue.

Valued Contributor

Not getting any but I like the nutcracker the most.

Trusted Contributor

I do not like the TSV.  Maybe it would look good in a business, but not in my home.  They look cold.  Nutcrackers creep me out!  lol