Honored Contributor

Some seem to forget that in the holiday retail season -- the most important sales season for any retail corporation -- the very high ticket items are always pushed to the forefront. They're trying to make the biggest revenue haul, to offset the low-priced pajamas,  beauty items, sheets & throws, the ever-present practical presents etc.

It happens every single year at this time.

Laptops, anything Dyson, Apple iPads, mattresses, high-ticket kitchen items (KitchenAid, Vitamix, Le Creuset), etc.

Something for everyone. 

Respected Contributor

I'll never understand. If a product doesn't suit your wants or needs, pass on by. What doesn't interest you may interest someone else. We're not all in the same economic situation. We don't all have the same interest. We don't all have the same priorities. 

I don't begrudge a retailer for offering products, at different price points, in many different departments. Shoppers here are not a monolithic entity. 

Trusted Contributor

@wifey2qt wrote:

It is a business - they want to make $$$ not friends! If Christmas is not a time for high end items, then when is?? 

Good then, hope you are happy givig them all your money.

Super Contributor

@Sweet Kitties - yeah yeah yeah, I get that... you missed my point. 

Super Contributor

@gigy  - ummm what?? I spend my money as I see fit......as should you! Your comment is lame