Esteemed Contributor

Re: Help me decide on the Perfect Cooker

It has many bad reviews of Amazon.

Super Contributor

Yes, but that's the one Eric Theiss promotes, it's confusing. I'm sure they are all manufacrured the same way though, in China.  Elite which is usually carried by HSN looks exactly the same as both perfect cookers. The Cook's Essential's is digital though.  Confusing. k44485.jpgproduct-fusion-perfectcooker.pngproduct-fusion-perfectcooker.png

@hopi wrote:

It has many bad reviews of Amazon.

Honored Contributor

For me, I just don't even get it.  Don't people even have pots and pans anymore?   Everybody seems to buy all these small appliances and specialty things when there isn't a single thing you couldn't do with regular pots and pans.

Maybe I've just been cooking for way too long.   There isn't anything I couldn't make with the variety of pots, pans, baking dishes - just regular stuff.    I feel kind of lucky.  Oh, and each individual pot or pan doesn't have its own cookbook but I still know how to use it.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I ended up buying the blue CE Perfect Cooker to match my kitchen. If I use it more than my skinny mini I will give the skinny mini to my niece. There are only the two of us and it will work perfect. I have the Ninja 4-in1 and a Cusinart Pressure Cooker. I use them mostly when we have company. I will give feedback after I use it a few times.

Respected Contributor

@brandiwine wrote:

It's nothing more than a small rice cooker.  Based on my experience with CS appliances, I wouldn't waste my time or money.   

And why does anyone need a rice cooker? I always get perfect rice in a regular pan on the stovetop. 

Honored Contributor

@hopi wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

@imagemd I think this would be a great appliance for someone cooking for two.  I have the Wolfgang Puck version and use it all the time and just love it.

I really like the upgrades offered in the CE model and with the added size, you would have a great meal for two with little fuss or clean up (and it's especially great if folks don't care so much for leftovers).

I too have a crock pot and pressure cooker but only use those when making larger recipes to portion out and freeze but to be honest they are kind of collecting dust now.  I have had any original WP for more than three years and it's still going great.

I cook for one so these types of appliances are perfect for me and do a lovely job.  If I needed another one, I would buy this one in a heartbeat.

mtc is well respected in the cooking forum and I trust her imput. My problem is that my WP cooker was a disaster and she kindly wanted to help me but I just don't like Q's return policy. She has me on the fence still.

Oh my goodness @hopi this has to be one of the nicest posts I have ever seen and I thank you so, so much for it.  You have no idea how much you made my day!

I have had to return one WP rice cooker because it arrived with a broken on/off switch.  I guess it can be a bit of a #rap shoot when you order small appliances like this but overall I have been very happy with these types of cookers.

I was on the fence about ordering the TSV but then luckily fell asleep and the sale was over when I woke up.  I truly do not need one right now but this is definitively on my radar if/when the time comes as I do like the new and enhanced features plus the larger size.  I will be very interested to read the reviews when they start to appear.

Thank you again for your kind words hopi as they literally made my whole day!  Smiley Happy